• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Heritage is now selling direct!

Zoomer

Very cool - I wish they would change there headstock!!!

deytookerjaabs

I wish they would keep the headstock, it looks beautiful.

Prices are going up, even direct.

A little "new" vid:

rockabilly69

Although they are selling direct, and are nice guitars, they are no longer the bargain they used to be. They prices have gone up quite a bit in just a few years. I bought my last Heritage H150 a few years ago (with a killer piece of flame maple, and long neck tenon), for around $2100. No way your touching that price now. Here's my Heritages....

Barnabus-1.jpg

H150Recording.jpg

deytookerjaabs

There was a time when they just were not well known at all. In early '00's I picked up a flamey used '89 H-150 for $500. I realized it was such a no brainer that I then score an H-550 for $750. Should have at least kept the H-150.

becks bolero

I agree, nothing wrong with that headstock at all. in fact it is a better design as the strings are more in line

check out this great vintage Gibson snakehead @ 4:22

well whatever I can't embed it for some reason

https://youtu.be/N8qvoqIEjlc?t=4m22s

IMO Heritage have been undervalued for years....they are superbly built, and sounding instruments

I actually prefer them to Gibsons, for many reasons. But I also like Gibsons. especially old ones

Pellman73

cool video

I might go there for a tour and break off just to look under some of the stuff that seems piled up in back of those shots to see if maybe there is an old burst hiding in there. I mean.... its worth a shot!

but dang I"m intrigued by these bad boys!

some nice specimens on reverb

geddy402

The interesting thing is that it seems like some of the staff have been there since the "golden era". You would think that's about as close to building a similar guitar as the vintage ones as you can get, right?

becks bolero

yeah it's great to think that some of the hands that built the hallowed '59 bursts, also built some of my guitars

those guys each have a lifetime of building some of the best guitars under their belt

and they are passing on the tradition

rockabilly69

yeah it's great to think that some of the hands that built the hallowed '59 bursts, also built some of my guitars

those guys each have a lifetime of building some of the best guitars under their belt

and they are passing on the tradition
As for building the guitars in the Golden Age, isn't there only one person left who was there in that era? And even when they were there, they were also the same folk who built some of the worst of the late 70s Norlins.

So I'd like to balance this thread

I personally feel the Heritage H150 is a good guitar, somewhere between Gibson USA and the Historics in feature, bu I don't like the Tonepros Hardware, the Nashville style bridge, the straw on the trussrod, the tight-bond glues in the neckjoint, the sub par fret and nut work, and the generally heavier weights, or the fact they don't manufacture their own pickups, they typically use after market Duncans. With special orders you can get different tuners, hardware and pickups, but you're stuck with the Nashville bridge. My opinion is to buy a used H150, one with a long neck tenon and mod the hell out of it. Not just my opinion, I've done it four times myself, and kept the best two of em! The new ones are really getting up there in price from what I can see.

deytookerjaabs

It's so funny that about the worst glue used in instrument manufacturing circa the last century has such a hallowed following. :hee

Oh well, people have big imaginations I guess.

renderit

It's so funny that about the worst glue used in instrument manufacturing circa the last century has such a hallowed following. :hee

And just as funny are all the "experts" lining up to diss it...

1418318821997-stress2.jpg

rockabilly69

Yeah Bursts sound so shitty with the worst glue ever used. We should rip those necks out slather some titebond in the neck joint and while we're at it, and slide a straw on the trussrod.