• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

drop on replacement wraparound bridge for gibson usa junior

JR.Deluxe

The guitar is a 2002 or 2003 Gibson USA LP Junior with the noninclined bridge with lightning bolt for plain G string. The mighty mite part looks like it would drop on without replacing studs. Does anybody know if this is correct? Any other brands? The mighty mite is 8 bucks and the official gibson part is 170 bucks so its worth some research.

FretsAlot

I have an inexpensive USA jr (my first p90 guitar) from that era that I ham-handedly broke the original lightning bolt bridge on. After doing some reading, I figured out it wasn't likely the correct bridge for the guitar, anyway. I replaced it with a MojoAxe CWT-UA and couldn't be happier with the tone & intonation. $136 delivered to your door (if yer in the USA).

If I get this wrong someone please correct me
: My memory is, if your tailpiece studs are staggered, then you need one type of bridge (like the CWT-UA), and if your studs are equal distance from the nut, then I think you need the lightening bolt tailpiece. The tailpiece studs on my USA Jr were staggered, and I remember the lightning bolt tailpiece I had (before I broke it) was adjusted so awkwardly to make the intonation work that little of it seemed in contact with the tailpiece studs.

YMMV,

Fretsalot/Scott

Last edited:

JR.Deluxe

My stud bolts are even. And the bridge on there now , a lightning bolt, is stock. I bought the guitar new in 2003. The intonation is adequate. The only reason im looking for another bridge is ive seen sweat disolve those things and i figure i better get another one now before they are unobtainium without drilling out the old studs. For about 10 bucks the mighty mite looks right but who knows? Pictures lie. And i got an email from a dealer on reverb.com that the stud threads are metric. If that has been changed then there is a good chance the bridge wont just drop on without some slop or other misery. Gibson used to sell what they called the pete townshend bridge but i dont even see that any more.

Zentar

I used a Faber on my LPjr. It was a heckuva lot less than $136. I can't remember exactly but it was more like $40. Aluminum wt 1.0 oz- compensated.

I got lazy hunting bridges and tail pieces on LPs I was fixing and selling so I just went to Faber. I know what I get will work great. Ive got a nice pile of other brands that didn't. Somebody in here got me started on Faber.

Last edited:

mustachio

Mojoaxe. Accept no substitute. Engineered to fit Gibson studs without the lean. Superior to Faber.