• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

CLASSIC SERIES 70'S STRATS?

Kris Ford

Man..I have been down this road a few times in life..last one was a partscaster, a '67 RI MIJ neck on a MIM body..
Forget which pickups I used, but wired it up with 250K CTS pots and a vintage cap..
strat002-1.jpg

Lately, I have been looking at the 70's Classic series and really dig the large headstock, maple necks and the white has been really standing out.
fender-classic-70s-stratocaster-olympic-white-maple-260211.jpg

That pic is semi washed out, but this seems to be a true representation of the off white:
FENDER-70s-Stratocaster-Maple-Neck-Olympic-White-OWT.jpg

I just want the stratiest tone I can get, but LOVE the 70's aesthetics!!
If the pickups aren't all that, then these Brandonwound early 70's style clones might work nicely: I can do up new 3x CTS 250K if needed too. (maybe "Memphis" wired..)
s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

What's anyone's experiences with these 70's Classic Strats? I hear some reviews of fret buzz, but I like a more medium action, so hopefully that won't be an issue..

Dave P

I had one, but I ended up putting tall frets on it, thought it was a nice guitar. I have a '67 RI MIJ Strat that I love, play it all the time.

slammintone

I had one a couple of years ago and let it go on a big Historic Gibson trade but I liked it a lot. It was the USA version and those come stock with Fender CS 69 pickups. Very stratty sounding and good all around vintage strat tones. No mods needed IMO.