The Fender Forum
NEW! LPF Facebook Page
LilyPix
Merchandise & Donations
NEW! Burst Serial Log Home Page
LPF Homesite
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 41 to 58 of 58
  1. #41
    Les Paul Forum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,222

    Re: gibson 330 reissues, vs. epiphone john lennon signatures

    Quote Originally Posted by g6120 View Post
    I've had a bunch of the Epiphones the original limited edition Lennon and the inspired as well as the stock version and found the Gibson Es 330 to have much more output and crunch just a mature sound in general the pickups are great . I prefer the 59 reissue very comfortable neck . Probably one of the best reissues that Gibson has made . Two different guitars that play and sound different in my estimation and saying this the Casino is a great instrument yes but the ES 330 is the one for me .

    That is a nice looking guitar. I have my eye out for a Pelham blue 330. But that natural.....

  2. #42

    Re: gibson 330 reissues, vs. epiphone john lennon signatures

    Quote Originally Posted by renderit View Post
    ^^ NICE ^^
    Yes, running to the mirror with that one! On the lookout for such a beast.

    Enjoy that one in good health for a long, long time!

  3. #43

    Re: gibson 330 reissues, vs. epiphone john lennon signatures

    Quote Originally Posted by g6120 View Post
    I've had a bunch of the Epiphones the original limited edition Lennon and the inspired as well as the stock version and found the Gibson Es 330 to have much more output and crunch just a mature sound in general the pickups are great . I prefer the 59 reissue very comfortable neck . Probably one of the best reissues that Gibson has made . Two different guitars that play and sound different in my estimation and saying this the Casino is a great instrument yes but the ES 330 is the one for me .

    hi, is that the guitar version you own? which one is this?
    hi, is that the guitar version you own? which one is this?
    hi, is that the guitar version you own? which one is this?

  4. #44
    Les Paul Forum Member g6120's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    297

    Re: gibson 330 reissues, vs. epiphone john lennon signatures

    Quote Originally Posted by handwerk View Post
    hi, is that the guitar version you own? which one is this?


    Yes that is my Gibson ES 330 59

  5. #45

    Re: gibson 330 reissues, vs. epiphone john lennon signatures

    Looks like a '60 RI. Reflector knobs.

    ETA: just re-read that is your guitar. Did you put reflectors on it?

  6. #46
    Les Paul Forum Member g6120's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    297

    Re: gibson 330 reissues, vs. epiphone john lennon signatures

    Quote Originally Posted by mdubya View Post
    Looks like a '60 RI. Reflector knobs.

    ETA: just re-read that is your guitar. Did you put reflectors on it?
    My ES 330 is all stock just as it came from the factory

  7. #47

    Re: gibson 330 reissues, vs. epiphone john lennon signatures

    Quote Originally Posted by g6120 View Post
    My ES 330 is all stock just as it came from the factory
    Very interesting. Thanks for clarifying. Beautiful 330!

    I would love to see more photos if you are so inclined.

  8. #48

    Re: gibson 330 reissues, vs. epiphone john lennon signatures

    Quote Originally Posted by g6120 View Post
    I've had a bunch of the Epiphones the original limited edition Lennon and the inspired as well as the stock version and found the Gibson Es 330 to have much more output and crunch just a mature sound in general the pickups are great . I prefer the 59 reissue very comfortable neck . Probably one of the best reissues that Gibson has made . Two different guitars that play and sound different in my estimation and saying this the Casino is a great instrument yes but the ES 330 is the one for me .
    how does the 330 sound when compared to the casino, (acoustically)? does it have that shimmer, & or is it all all loud, or bright?

  9. #49
    Les Paul Forum Member g6120's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    297

    Re: gibson 330 reissues, vs. epiphone john lennon signatures

    Quote Originally Posted by handwerk View Post
    how does the 330 sound when compared to the casino, (acoustically)? does it have that shimmer, & or is it all all loud, or bright?

    From my experience the Casino has a bit thinner sound as where the ES 330 sounds fuller to my ears . The pickups on the ES 330 are going to give you a fuller richer tone more crunch and output . The 59 has a fatter neck which I prefer which helps give you more sustain .

    Two nice guitars no question it all depends on what your ears wanna hear . For me hands down the ES 330 fits me better .

  10. #50

    Re: gibson 330 reissues, vs. epiphone john lennon signatures

    Quote Originally Posted by g6120 View Post
    From my experience the Casino has a bit thinner sound as where the ES 330 sounds fuller to my ears . The pickups on the ES 330 are going to give you a fuller richer tone more crunch and output . The 59 has a fatter neck which I prefer which helps give you more sustain .

    Two nice guitars no question it all depends on what your ears wanna hear . For me hands down the ES 330 fits me better .
    sorry, but then the 330 in general unamplified lacks the bright, (treble), sound, and might have less casino shimmering, and more middle, bass notes? i ask because tho i do want one i am going to take my time, and should i come across any i just want to know what to expect.
    buying site unseen is really somewhat of a crap shoot.

  11. #51
    Les Paul Forum Member g6120's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    297

    Re: gibson 330 reissues, vs. epiphone john lennon signatures

    Quote Originally Posted by handwerk View Post
    sorry, but then the 330 in general unamplified lacks the bright, (treble), sound, and might have less casino shimmering, and more middle, bass notes? i ask because tho i do want one i am going to take my time, and should i come across any i just want to know what to expect.
    buying site unseen is really somewhat of a crap shoot.

    Its not a crap shoot if your really interested purchase one ES 330 from a reputable dealer so at that point you have a grace period to see for yourself if you like the instrument or not . Would not be overly concerned about not amplified as you will be amplified much more correct .

    For me personally the ES 330 has more to offer than the Casino which sounds a bit thin in comparison but again both great instruments . Compare then choose the one that fits you best .

  12. #52

    Re: gibson 330 reissues, vs. epiphone john lennon signatures

    Quote Originally Posted by g6120 View Post
    Its not a crap shoot if your really interested purchase one ES 330 from a reputable dealer so at that point you have a grace period to see for yourself if you like the instrument or not . Would not be overly concerned about not amplified as you will be amplified much more correct .

    For me personally the ES 330 has more to offer than the Casino which sounds a bit thin in comparison but again both great instruments . Compare then choose the one that fits you best .
    well actually for me the other way around. i basically love the sound of the casino to write, and use electrics only to record. i have another gibson which i also just use to record so may sell, a trans black johnny a custom.

  13. #53

    Re: gibson 330 reissues, vs. epiphone john lennon signatures

    Quote Originally Posted by g6120 View Post
    From my experience the Casino has a bit thinner sound as where the ES 330 sounds fuller to my ears . The pickups on the ES 330 are going to give you a fuller richer tone more crunch and output . The 59 has a fatter neck which I prefer which helps give you more sustain .

    Two nice guitars no question it all depends on what your ears wanna hear . For me hands down the ES 330 fits me better .
    yes tried the 59 neck. not so thick like others i had tried in the past. really seemed between the slim taper and 50's old style gibson neck. quite nice.

  14. #54
    Les Paul Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    87

    Re: gibson 330 reissues, vs. epiphone john lennon signatures

    I paid $400 for mine at a store somewhere in Colorado. Someone had put Super Distortion pickups and different tuners on it. Luckily, it was hardly cut open by the neck pickup.

    I put the right pickups and made a new harness for it along with some Kluson tuners and I love it to death. I took it out on a tour a couple years ago and ended up playing it way more than I thought I would.

    I also picked up a dent and scratch Custom Shop case from MF for it. How can a case be dent and scratch LOL!

    Killer guitar, but mine is considered the bad one to have by vintage standards. I haven't played the reissue.


  15. #55

    Re: gibson 330 reissues, vs. epiphone john lennon signatures

    Quote Originally Posted by Amp360 View Post
    I paid $400 for mine at a store somewhere in Colorado. Someone had put Super Distortion pickups and different tuners on it. Luckily, it was hardly cut open by the neck pickup.

    I put the right pickups and made a new harness for it along with some Kluson tuners and I love it to death. I took it out on a tour a couple years ago and ended up playing it way more than I thought I would.

    I also picked up a dent and scratch Custom Shop case from MF for it. How can a case be dent and scratch LOL!

    Killer guitar, but mine is considered the bad one to have by vintage standards. I haven't played the reissue.

    great story. nice guitar. sadly again here in ny cannot find any to play.

  16. #56
    Les Paul Forum Member g6120's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    297

    Re: gibson 330 reissues, vs. epiphone john lennon signatures


  17. #57

    Re: gibson 330 reissues, vs. epiphone john lennon signatures

    Quote Originally Posted by g6120 View Post
    Thanks for sharing!

    That back is awesome!

    Gonna go re-string mine and play it now. Thanks for the inspiration.

  18. #58

    Esseries Re: gibson 330 reissues, vs. epiphone john lennon signatures

    Quote Originally Posted by g6120 View Post
    Friggin' Delicious! Especially the contrast between the popping' top with the darker board and neck finish. Wowzer. Me Likey (can ya tell)?!

    Enjoy in good health, and don't let this one get too lonely while you are playing with your Chet.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Scroll Down And Click On All Of Our Sponsors' Logos For Their Websites!