• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

The tuning machines that I bought for my Epiphone Les Paul don't quite fit right

357mag

I picked up a new set of tuning machines for my Les Paul Standard and I got the bushing in and the new tuner slipped through perfectly, but I discovered soon that it doesn't appear that the post is rising up far enough. The hole in the post where you slip the string through appears too low. The problem then becomes I don't think there would adequate room for the windings to accumulate.

If you go here to the Duncan forum you can see my two photos:

http://www.seymourduncan.com/forum/...-go-again-I-don-t-think-this-is-going-to-work

If anyone can post some info on what exact tuners will fit correctly go for it.

Thanks.

Dothedew

I installed some TonePros Kluson style tuners on my Epi LP a few years back and noticed that the holes were low on all the posts. Depending on string gauge (I only use 9s & 10s), you can string up normally as the winds will even themselves out in the middle of the post, usually getting 2 to 3 wraps around the post in. I'll snap a pick later to show you.
BTW, you didn't specify what the model of the tuners you bought in your other Duncan post.

nickelwound

My O3 Gibson LP Standard tuners are like that, it came stock that way. Try doing one wrap over the string, once its through the hole, and then another under to finish up.
I have been strings all my guitars that way now, especially on the wound strings