• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Just scored an original marshall guv'nor

guitcar

Just bought an original guv'nor for $100.00 this afternoon sounds wonderfull through a blackface super reverb 😎

Dave P

I have a few, great pedals. Make sure the fx loop jack contacts are clean. The signal of the pedal runs through the fx loop jack, I've had a couple that didn't sound right and that was the culprit. If you need new jacks, I found that Fender stereo jack part#0059922000 is a perfect replacement. The jacks have to be the low profile PCB board mount ones since its a tight fit inside. The more commonly found tall PCB board mount jacks won't fit. One of the jacks only uses one set of contacts, so just clip off the unused lugs on the replacement so it will fit on the PCB.

guitcar

I have a few, great pedals. Make sure the fx loop jack contacts are clean. The signal of the pedal runs through the fx loop jack, I've had a couple that didn't sound right and that was the culprit. If you need new jacks, I found that Fender stereo jack part#0059922000 is a perfect replacement. The jacks have to be the low profile PCB board mount ones since its a tight fit inside. The more commonly found tall PCB board mount jacks won't fit. One of the jacks only uses one set of contacts, so just clip off the unused lugs on the replacement so it will fit on the PCB.

Thanks for the tips,i'll spray some contact cleaner just to be sure

Dave P

I wonder if anyone has ever used the FX loops in those? I thought about hardwiring it internally to eliminate the problem.