• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

NGD - Redeye

Pellman73

Thanks, B Ingram!

Here's another shot with natural light as the sun was coming through.

is there any good theory or explanation for how this guitar (I mean the original it's based off of course) faded in this way?

Zoomer

is there any good theory or explanation for how this guitar (I mean the original it's based off of course) faded in this way?

The "Mr. Dealer" tag was on the pickup selector switch as it was displayed. Leaving the red mark under the tag since the red was protected from fading.

Pellman73

The "Mr. Dealer" tag was on the pickup selector switch as it was displayed. Leaving the red mark under the tag since the red was protected from fading.

I figured it was something like that!

I mean... how long did that doggie have to stay in the window for that to happen?

what a cool thing. I love that story.

Zoomer

I figured it was something like that!

I mean... how long did that doggie have to stay in the window for that to happen?

what a cool thing. I love that story.

Not to long the reds used faded easily.

Here's a picture of the tag on a Les Paul:

Zoomer

that was one of the reasons why I wanted this particular one.

That burst was owned at one time by my dear friend Steve Clemente RIP owner of Sunrise Guitars NYC - he drove down to Virginia to buy it in the mid 90's