• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

The end of an era...here's to Edwin Wilson!!!

BEKAY

God speed in your next endeavor Edwin.
Thanks for being the catalyst that brought these wonderful guitars into our musical lives.

Gibson was lucky to have you.

goldtop0

Thanks Edwin for some great guitars:2cool

All the very best for what lies ahead.

sikoniko

i have not read the last four pages, but this feels the same as Mike Eldred laeving the Fender Custom Shop. the show has gone on, but it feels like the face that made it personable is gone.

slammintone

This is sad news. I can state easily that the best Gibson's I ever played came through their Custom shop while Edwin was there. And it's going to be hard going forward with my own purchases to not want to seek out instruments from the Edwin era exclusively. God speed and good luck Edwin. I never met or spoke with you but, you spoke all of our language brother!:dude:

Kevin L.

Thank you, Edwin. You have helped us all make our music, no small feat.

Very best wishes.

KOTR

From the other forum:

img_0643-jpg.242483

Anyone know who hired up Edwin?

BadAssBill

I'm so behind the times, I just read about this.

I had the pleasure of meeting Edwin a few times and thought I'd explain, IMHO, why he is so great. In the short time I've spent with him...he seems like a great person, not just an amazing guitar guy.

I was a big Gibson player at one time and had gone to the Summer Jams, etc. The Jam was called off, but I had booked hotels and buddies had booked flights in anticipation of it happening. I wrote Edwin and he took the time to give me and my friends a personal tour of the CS. It was one of the coolest things I've ever done. I expected him to hand us off to someone to give us the nickle tour. Nope, here was the CS manager talking to us for three hours about sourcing wood, other stories of going to Jimmy Pages house and taking measurements of his guitar, the same for Billy Gibbons. So many incredible things he'd done in his life to help build the best guitars they could. Showing us the machines that were used for the hollow bodies that looked like they belonged in a museum. The guy is an encyclopedia of guitar making knowledge. We had even talked about wood sourcing a few years before Gibson was raided. Want to know how I know all that was BS...because Edwin was part of it. He explained how the governing body made it so the pallets that shipped the wood had to be "certified green" and that they jumped through hoops that were completely unreasonable. But, he understood the big picture...and a good deal of his time was dedicated to just sourcing wood for the CS.

If anyone knows Edwin...please tell him that not many people in this industry impress me....but he is without a doubt one of them.

deytookerjaabs

He's been at Heritage for a while, now he's out of the cave with some updates:

:salude

AA00475Bassman

Friend or Foe ? I save my overall praise 2018 - 2020 CS guitars !

I do own several 2016 & earlier CS guitars .

AndyC

I'm so sorry to hear this news. I met him at the 2006 SummerJam. Great guy, and critically important to the historic division, and to all of its, and his, fans. A real loss.