• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

What do you think of the Kaces vintage style LP case?

kwest

Thinking about getting one of these for my Les Paul 50s Tribute:

Kaces Hardshell Vintage “Pink Lady” LP Style Guitar Case

pchnfbzwulyydcsoqntg.jpg

wzxdpvksc5g1bpqe64qe.jpg

002_2.jpg

kwest

Doesn't appear to have the arched top. :hmm

Thanks Tom! Kaces ad shows a picture of a carved top LP shaped guitar in this case so hopefully my guitar would fit.

1457987494000_IMG_602104.jpg

Did this case have an arched top? I can't tell from the photos

56_lespaul_1.jpg

56_lespaul_2.jpg

Last edited:

jrfisher

Check with the retailer to see if the case can be returned if you're guitar does not fit.

kwest

Ok,thanks! I just thought the Kaces case was similar to this Gibson case I used to have.

034_1.jpg

033_2.jpg

Last edited:

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
Thanks Tom! Kaces ad shows a picture of a carved top LP shaped guitar in this case so hopefully my guitar would fit.

I have no doubt that it might hold an arched top Les Paul.
But a 50's brown case for any vintage Les Pauls after the first year or two should have an arch in the top of the case [like your black case].
That arch adds strength and protection.

kwest

I have no doubt that it might hold an arched top Les Paul.
But a 50's brown case for any vintage Les Pauls after the first year or two should have an arch in the top of the case [like your black case].
That arch adds strength and protection.

Ok,thanks for your help Tom.

kwest

I got the Kaces case today. It is a nice case and it does have an arched top. My guitar fits like a glove and the headstock doesn't touch the bottom like my other case. Oh,and it's cool for cats

021.jpg

016_1.jpg

027-001.jpg

Last edited:

lonesomesheik

Nice guitar nice case & nice cat, I was thinking about the Tokai/ Lifton 59 for my R4 more of a Cali shape maybe!!:hmm

lonesomesheik

Wow !!!! that is VERY nice which year is ours??? From time to time Crazy Parts has very nice zip cover case for sale, wouldn't that be the icing on the cake? Did you changed anything on that beauty?

Kris Ford

Nothing wrong with that, and YES, much nicer than the brown Gibson one!

What was the damage on such thing, and do they offer that same one for a SG? I looked and appears not.:hmm

kwest

Sorry,I just copied the photo above of the R4 in a Tokai case to illustrate what that combo looks like.That beauty doesn't belong to me. I just own this tribute and the Kaces case. The black case I have turns out to be a much better fit for my Les Paul Melody Maker,The headstock of that guitar doesn't touch the bottom of the case.

003_1.jpg