• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Les Paul Trad

Macasterj

I have been a "Fender" guy for a long time. I love my Tele and Strat! But for the past several months I have been looking for a different tone. Last night I played a 2015 Les Paul Traditional Pro 3 and really liked it. The fit and finish was beautiful. Tone was great and I like the coil splitting options. Any thoughts on this guitar? Does it flll a real hole in the LP line up? I play blues and classic rock and it seems like it's up the task! Are there known issues with this year/model that I should look for or will need to be addressed. i hear about QC inconsistencies from Gibson is that a real concern? probably going to pull the trigger on that guitar today! Thanks!!

Last edited:

1all's Pub

I don't have a Trad Pro III... but I have played a few in stores. Nice LPs... liked every one I played.

:)

bmars

QC with Gibson is over blown imo. Do lemons slip through, sure but overall they are quality instruments. People dislike 2015 bc of the robo tuners, zero fret nut (or whatever it was called), and the different script style Les Paul logo...it's up to you if you like these features or not.

But the nut and tuners can can be changed if you find a guitar you love.

Macasterj

QC with Gibson is over blown imo. Do lemons slip through, sure but overall they are quality instruments. People dislike 2015 bc of the robo tuners, zero fret nut (or whatever it was called), and the different script style Les Paul logo...it's up to you if you like these features or not.

But the nut and tuners can can be changed if you find a guitar you love.

Wish I could figure out how to post pictures! My 2015 LP does not have the g force tuners. I don't know if they were swapped at the factory or by the previous owner. But it has locking tuners maybe grovers. No script either. I questioned the guitar and sent the serial number to Gibson before I purchased it. Everything seemed to be on the up and up.

I read somewhere that I'm 2015 Gibson had retailers replace the robo tuners on all of the stock they had on hand and guitars shipped from the factory left with grovers or klusons. It was a response to the negative feedback from the G force.