• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

59 V up for auction

abalonevintage

In looking at the auctioned V a bit closer, I think that last number in the serial looks more like an 8 than it does a 5

You may be right.....but the auction house calls it a 5 and that is what it is being sold as. :##

Rev.WillieVK

Eric & John - I stand corrected, maybe the auction houses have gotten better or there are better legal recourses.

:salude

Wally

Back in the '90's I was chasing a '58 V in these parts. I was at a show with D. Erlewine, who introduced me to Mike Stevens...accepted V expert. We walked down the way to a booth of a L.A. dealer who had a V standing there. After asking if he could look at the guitar, he pulled the truss rod cover off...and immediately put it back on. He thanked the dealer and we walked away. The truss rod cavity told him it was a 'replica'...he looked at nothing else.

GUITARGZR

HI - I'm new here. This is a very lively discussion. Can I ask y'all what you have observed about the neck angle / bridge height on 58 + 59 V's. They seem to be shallow. I.E. the high string side of the bridge sits right on the pickguard (in photos). What's been your observation about this + string height + shaved bridges to improve action, etc. I've seen a few references to this elsewhere and wanted to hear what owners of the real thing have to say about this.