• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

First Post - was taking pictures and needed someone to share it with.

cheapshades

Hey everyone. I am new to the forum as of -- right now. I've viewed posts here before when searching for random things, but I've never posted.

I was taking pictures of my 2016 Les Paul Standard tonight, thinking of who I could show that would care. I couldn't really think of anyone better than a bunch of Les Paul lovers, who I assume frequent this forum =).

I sold a 1998 Les Paul Standard to help pay for my first year of college back in the early 2000's. It was a gorgeous honey burst, plain top, Standard. I have ALWAYS regretted selling it, and my degree is likely not as valuable to me as that guitar was.

Anyway, a few years ago, I decided I would buy another one. But, it was 2015. And when I looked at the new models, I was disappointed with what I saw. So, I put the purchase on the back-burner until last year. About a year ago, I stumbled upon the 2016 Standards, and I was blown away. Gibson addressed all of the issues I had with the 2015 with flying colors!

Here's my 2016:

0301172109b.jpg

J T

Nice one! :hank

Nice strap too! Who made it?:hmm

DanD

I find the asymmetrical neck profile to be very comfy. Enjoy your new Standard! :salude