• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

My Joe B modded Telecaster!

corpse

Tune it to open G and try Travelling Riverside Blues with a slide.
Say "Yeah baby".

Kris Ford

A certain Rich Robinson would agree!
07c620582a8a9ee13ff98a5865f8875de14f2225.jpg

As would a Mr Keith Richards:
Keith-Richards.jpg

corpse

DSC00319-1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Factory 1999- 5 pos switch. Slab board. $800. A keeper.

andy k

I'm just getting the parts together for one of these myself, Joe's stuff was KILLER on the UK tour,
I did an Esquire, with a Lil 59, and havent finished the wiring yet--but it turned out great, I'll get some pics up soon.
cheers guys,
andy k

corpse

Look at the end of the fingerboard on Micawber. Now that's some wear.

jrgtr42

I've got plans for one of those myself. I'll probably end up with a Warmoth or other assemble-it-yourself builds, to be able to get exactly what I want for body, neck, etc.
I remember the Fat Tele from '99 (I sold them at the time) and I've been looking for them ever since - I've never seen one come up on Fleabay, Craigslist or in local stores.

ETA: I just go on ebay and now I see a bunch of them up - I don't think I've ever seen them the times I previously searched for it...

Ed A

Oh yeah, fully aware that Keith would have to be what most people think of with this black ring Humbucker mod. But I call mine the Joe B mod because Joe's is out of phase in the middle which is a fantastic sound as can be heard on 'no good place for the lonely'. I was going to wire mine permanently out of phase as well but the middle position sounds so great in phase that I went with the push pull pot. Plus Keith has his neck pickup turned around like Peter Green. Which I did not do, so another reason I point towards mine being more like Joe's spec!

No excuses necessary... that was pretty cool. That's a beefy f'kn Bridge pickup too.

& no offense to JoeB.... I love me some Bonamassa (wish he'd play more of that Esquire he used to play), but don't most people relate that pickup configuration to Keef.

Keith-Richards.jpg

Kris Ford

Oh yeah, fully aware that Keith would have to be what most people think of with this black ring Humbucker mod. But I call mine the Joe B mod because Joe's is out of phase in the middle which is a fantastic sound as can be heard on 'no good place for the lonely'. I was going to wire mine permanently out of phase as well but the middle position sounds so great in phase that I went with the push pull pot. Plus Keith has his neck pickup turned around like Peter Green. Which I did not do, so another reason I point towards mine being more like Joe's spec!

Neck pickup turned around?:hmm
Looks like the poles are by the fretboard to me.:peace2
Keith-Richards.jpg

At any rate, yours looks killer...who's PAF cover is that?

Ed A

search
Neck pickup turned around?:hmm
Looks like the poles are by the fretboard to me.:peace2

Keith-Richards.jpg

At any rate, yours looks killer...who's PAF cover is that?

Click on this link below to see Keith with the pick up turned around. Lots of pictures with it turned around but yeah now I see others with it not. A little strange how often he was flipping it around! Looks like most replicas of Keith's have it turned around. Anyway the cover on the Humbucker is the one that comes from Sheptone and I asked for the aging.

https://www.google.com/search?q=kei...AUIBygB&biw=375&bih=559#imgrc=78r-o_Pn-4YYCM:

Kris Ford

Well there ya go!
Thanks for the info!:salude(I really didn't know he had 2!)

So now, I guess it could be rationalized to have one EACH way. :biggrin:

corpse

And here I am thinking I know a bunch of Keef stuff....

T.Allen

Nice guitar and nice playing Ed! I might have to try to scare up a cheap telecaster and mod it. I have never been much of a Fender guy, but I often wonder if it isn't because I haven't had the right one in my hands. :hmm

sapi

Looks like a brass pickup baseplate on Micawber... :hmm