• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Show your Strats 2017 edition

GuitarMikey

That 67 in sonic blue could quite possibly be the coolest looking strat I've ever seen :salude

sikoniko

Just acquired this brand new 2016 Eric Johnson Rosewood model in Tropical Turquoise from the West LA Guitar Center on March 23rd. As is usually the case, they had it hanging way up on the top rack and I think I was the first person to play it. Fender told me it was made in April 2016, which tells me that it was hanging there for nearly a year. How is it? Really, really addictive. I've never really thought of myself as a Strat person, loving LPs and SGs and other Gibson goodies, but this one spoke to me. I was sitting there in their high-end amp room saying to myselfI can't leave here without this guitar. If I do, I'll be kicking mysel for years because as soon as I leave someone else is going to buy it."

The rosewood is really nice looking and the 12" radius a joy to play. Frets are medium jumbo, but they feel fairly tall, which is something I like. Pickups sound killer. I'm going to leave the bridge down on the body and play it as a hardtail. Right now, I have it with my tech at Westwood Music and he's giving it a good setup. I've decided to use Pyramid Nickel Classics 10 to 46 tuned to E-flat. I use the Pyramid 9-42s on all my Gibsons, so I want to have a similar feel, but am concerned that 9s will sound too anemic. It will serve as my only E-flat guitar. Anyway, I'm looking forward to getting it back and enjoying it!

How accurate is the color of the photo? I have a taos turquoise I'm putting together that I can't get the color's right when I take the picture. the green looks more blue in the picture.

stilwel

I love the big headstocks.

Black Road Worn 50's body with 90's CIJ neck and 57/62 pickups
Inca Silver Road Worn body with 80's MIJ neck and CS 69 pickups
The Edge signature Strat

312h6s0.jpg

Don

I'm not sure if this still qualifies as a Strat! It's a Hwy 1 that I bought new. I put a big ass USACG boatneck on it, Fralin pickups, a Callaham bridge, pots, Kluson style tuners and a single ply guard. The neck is huge with a 7-1/4" to 9-1/2" fretboard and 6105 frets and plays like a dream.

100_8599.JPG

Billy Porter

My 2005 MIM Classic 60s Lake Placid Blue Strat. I replaced the originals pickups with Tex-Mex pickups for a bit more bite and wired Johnny Vaughan style (tone on bridge), 50s wiring and Orange Drop Caps. I don’t use this much nowadays as I mostly play my Teles or LP. This threads makes me think I need to use it a bit more :hmm

Texsunburst59

'90 MIJ Fender 50's RI strat:
14002574966_41a589eb71_c.jpg

'84 Fender Old CAR Strat:
33230051655_6b09e6b3ec_c.jpg

'07 MIM Fender FSR Oly White Reverse Headstock strat:
32670561585_bd5d09aba1_c.jpg

'07 Fender '57 AVRI Surf Green Strat:
30256247474_0853d19943_c.jpg

'90 Fender Pewter Strat Plus:
30897598363_e3e96bc184_c.jpg

'75 Mocha, '79 Antigua, '87 Sunburst, '09 Daphne Blue, '10 Oly White, '12 Candy Coat Strats:
24572260124_996f154a10_b.jpg

'90(E9), '90 (N9), '95 All Strat Plus's:
30849045011_245d5ce3fa_c.jpg

Last edited:

Texsunburst59

I'm not usually a fan of green, but damn. That Surf Green is just to die for. :yah

Thanks Ship.

I REALLY lucked out on this one. I'd wanted one of these Fender AVRI strats for a long time, but wasn't
happy throwing down 2K+ for one.

Back last November during one of my pawnshop runs, I spotted this guitar.

I picked this beauty up for $435. Now I finally have an AVRI strat.

The Shifter

'75 Mocha, '79 Antigua, '87 Sunburst, '09 Daphne Blue, '10 Oly White, '12 Candy Coat Strats:
24572260124_996f154a10_b.jpg
Damn, do I love a Mocha 70's Fender. I love the look of that color, the black pickguard and the aged white pickup covers. Is that Strat light? Every Mocha Fender I've played has been on the lighter side. I have a '73 Tele Deluxe in that color.

Ship

Thanks Ship.

I REALLY lucked out on this one. I'd wanted one of these Fender AVRI strats for a long time, but wasn't
happy throwing down 2K+ for one.

Back last November during one of my pawnshop runs, I spotted this guitar.

I picked this beauty up for $435. Now I finally have an AVRI strat.

Dang! I thought I got a deal on my AVRI. Congrats! :salude

Texsunburst59

Damn, do I love a Mocha 70's Fender. I love the look of that color, the black pickguard and the aged white pickup covers. Is that Strat light? Every Mocha Fender I've played has been on the lighter side. I have a '73 Tele Deluxe in that color.

Yes it very light and it has a fantastic neck. Most of the 70's Strats I'd ever tried had big huge neck. This one is not skinny or fat, but just right in between.

I got this guitar in a CL trade back in 2015.

I'd picked up an '11 Fender American blonde Tele at a pawnshop for $500.

I'm really not a big fan of Tele's, so I posted it for sale or trade on CL.

I had an older gentleman hit me up to see if I was interested in trading the Tele for his '75 Strat.

I went over and checked it out. I needed to have some fretwork done, have the original bridge pickup reinstalled, and needed to be given some decent TLC.

We both agreed to do the trade. So the guitar basically cost me $500 .

The pickups on this guitar are really good. It is one of the better sounding Strats in my collection.

The Shifter

That's a crazy good deal. I've built a couple of custom Strats using the Lollar Regal Widerange copies. I'm really tempted to buy a Mocha Strat and do the same. My whole reasoning for doing the custom build in the first place was to have the guts of a Tele Deluxe in a Strat body.

Texsunburst59

That's a crazy good deal. I've built a couple of custom Strats using the Lollar Regal Widerange copies. I'm really tempted to buy a Mocha Strat and do the same. My whole reasoning for doing the custom build in the first place was to have the guts of a Tele Deluxe in a Strat body.

It's crazy that a lot of guys really do like the Mocha Fenders. When I got it, I wasn't really into it., but it's grown on me and because of the way it sounds and plays,it's one of my favorite guitars in my collection.

I'd love to find an older Fender Mocha Tele or Tele Deluxe.

I'm sure that will not be easy,but you just never know what will pop up.

The Shifter

Yeah, Tele Deluxes are worth triple or more than what I used to sell them for in the 90s.
I got mine in 2001 before it got too crazy.
01.jpg

Zoomer

2009 custom shop

1960 Candy Apple Red slaboard

Last edited: