• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Les Paul Custom 2009 (?) legit?

Maggo

Hi all,

i was offered this LP Custom and wanted to know if this is legit. To my eyes all looks good but what about the serialnumber? I want to check the guitar at the weekend andtake a look at it in person. Strange , i almost can't find any 2009 LP customs for sale...What is a normal price for those ?

thanks

Last edited:

AA00475Bassman

Everything looks legit correct serial number can't vouch for gibson on back of neck , looks like a nice Gibson Les Paul custom.

Why would you not think this is genuine Gibson ? Are you not in the USA, counterfeit guitars usually have many tell tale clues as to the origin of MFG . I would qualify the guitar before purchase if i had reservations . Last Gibson i owned with gibson on the back of the neck was my 91 firebird 1 i ordered with my Gibson dealer .

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
Call Gibson with the serial number.
It should be very simple. :salude

DMartini

looks like a nice non historic LPC

do what Tom said, you can also email if you're not in the US

Bassman, i think 2000's non historic LPC's had that Gibson Custom stamp on the back of the neck, i looked at a 08 or 09 non historic that did anyways.

Maggo

Thanks for the replies guys.
I'm in Germany and this guitar is for sale a lot cheaper than other Les Paul Customs.

I understand that newer Les Paul Customs now have the CS prefix before a number...didnt know..i only knew the old serialnumber system...

Was 2009 a good year for a LP custom as i can't find any for sale ?

thanks

Last edited:

clearmudd

2009 is custom shop made and with a ebony fret board, when the custom shop took over production of the Les Paul Custom in 2003 i believe the quality of them went up, (more attention to detail). For the 2009 i would believe they are very good. I have a 2011 with an ebony fret board (last year before they went to Richlite), and it's a fantastic player!:salude

1jamman

Nice Axe OP ,,,,

I'd guess to say the pics are blurry because of the cameras resolution .... Looking at the Fret Board pic , I see some discoloration(some reds) which I'd want to clear up before purchasing the guitar . Ebony boards should photograph Black . Maybe a flash issue ?

2009 , IMO was a very good year because of the upgrades Gibson did . The only 2009 I have left has similar (but for that guitar ) Serial # stamp and CS decal and yours looks ~ the same .

A 2009 ES 356 Quilt & Korina (WW run) Back of the Head stock .....(Didn't have a complete head stock shot available)

Maggo

Thanks, i'll check the guitar out this weekend. Gibson did reply, the guitar matches their logs. Its not a mint guitar but as the seller said, very well cared for ...the pics are not that good so im excited how it looks in person... The price is good for being in Europe, so lets see...

And if i find a (preferably a 70/80s) natural Lp custom with Maple fretboard someday, i guess this one will move on then...

I'll keep you guys updated st the weekend...