• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

JUDAS PRIEST BBC '62 Ebony Block/69/70SG Standard action 1975

Kris Ford

KK has the ebony block:
Judas%2BPriest2.jpg

Glen Tipton has a late '69 or 70 SG Standard by the looks of it. (still beveled, but no i dot and low crown)
1a899ce298ac108eb79ccc2f0f964be3.jpg

SUCH a powerful and heartfelt performance..with rich organic Gibson/Marshall tone...

ENJOY!:yah

omni43

Great videos. I didn't know they were around in 1975.

KK has the ebony block:
Judas%2BPriest2.jpg

Glen Tipton has a late '69 or 70 SG Standard by the looks of it. (still beveled, but no i dot and low crown)
1a899ce298ac108eb79ccc2f0f964be3.jpg

SUCH a powerful and heartfelt performance..with rich organic Gibson/Marshall tone...

ENJOY!:yah

Reno_1ted

Fantastic performance, fantastic band. Halford is one of the very great vocalists / front men IMHO. Even now past what one would define as their peak, they still put on a great show.

Its also nice to hear them play gibsons - pre Hamer etc !

Pellman73

Ya didn't know they were around back the. Either. That voice ! You imagine a shreik off between him and geddy Lee would shatter some glass ! And I mean that in a good way.

very sabbathy I thought too. And mean that in a good way.

dtw576

I remember the first time I saw them, they had that proto glam/prog rock look to them. Next time they came through town, black leather and studs and full lineup of stacks behind them. Wow, what a difference. Halford went from non-threatening persona to metal monster in fairly short order. Tipton and Downing have always been one of my favorite dual guitar lineups. My 70's cover band enjoyed playing Priest tunes and most people still didn't know who they were. An ebony block SG is my dream guitar, and will have to stay such.

Last edited: