• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Fender Pro Reverb -66 Blackface Value

JH001

What do you guys think this amp could be worth? Orig -65 Utah speakers, recapped, transformers not original, back panel not original (from 70’s Pro Reverb) Thanks!

Dishimyuh

You need to have photos of the "innards" and the transformers, as well as the caps under the dog house. The back panel is of no consequence. Any idea why the Xformers were changed?

JH001

Well.. Im thinking about buying one. It sounds great but it seems to be hard to know if he's asking too much (1650$) without opening the hood. The transformers are new sensor nsc022848 and Hammond 290 DEX.

lpnv59

All Access/Backstage Pass
$1650 is way too much if one of the transformers is replaced. Its not clear from your description is one or all three are. If it sounds good and it could be had for a 1100 or less, I'd check it out. :hmm Get some good pics and post them. :bike

I paid $1600 for this Pro a few years ago. It was all original except I did a cap job and replaced the stock Utahs with '67 Jensens.
normal_DSC01426.jpg

sonar

A lot of price checks on the LPF lately from people with less than 5 posts.

lpnv59

A lot of price checks on the LPF lately from people with less than 5 posts.

I don't mind sharing whatever useless tidbits of advice & info I can offer up, to whomever. May they'll stay, maybe not. No sweat off my whatyamaycallits :salude

Professortwang

I don't know why people don't search completed listings on Ebay for a general idea. Reverb also has values listed.

JH001

The reason why I asked was cos of the non orig transformers and how it affects to the price. I did check out Ebay and Reverb and I got Vintage Price guide. Anyways some of the answers were useful. Thanks guys!

Wally

JH001, ime the non-originality of those transformers would cut the value by 50% at least from an excellent condition and all-original value. IN other words, that is a player amp, there. I don't think I would give the $1100 that lpvn59 mentions.

Dishimyuh

JH001, ime the non-originality of those transformers would cut the value by 50% at least from an excellent condition and all-original value. IN other words, that is a player amp, there. I don't think I would give the $1100 that lpvn59 mentions.

Agreed.

lpnv59

Looked on Gbase & Reverb and see fairly clean originals asking for at least 2k and up. So I guess I got a really good deal on mine. Reverb has one in about the same condition as the op with a changed mains transformer asking $1375. I guess you could make an offer of $800. Pro Reverbs are a great amp man. I love mine.

Last edited:

JH001

The seller said he wants at least 1500 for it. That's just way too much.. Gotta keep on looking.