• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

"I'll take solder with my pots please."

J T

I'm waiting for someone to claim a tone difference between solder types.

Wattage

I've no issue with it so far. I agree it would nice if the aftermarket takes advantage of it. Be nice if you could order Duncan's or other manufacturers with the connectors or at least some sort of adapter set up.

I don't mind soldering and over time I've become fairly proficient at it as long as looks don't count but it's certainly a lot easier to have quick disconnects.

If they came up with some kind of industry standard it would likely take off.

Lead free solder is a PITA to work with a lot of times fwiw

grimlyflick

I've no issue with it so far. I agree it would nice if the aftermarket takes advantage of it.

I think it would be great if they offered different aftermarket PCB for these guitars.
50's wiring,
50's wiring with coil taps,
50's wiring with coil taps and phase reversal,
etc etc.

Loads of different variations could be made avaliable.

I think Gibson are missing a trick here.

1jamman

What are the four light-blue boxes? Caps? Why four?

I think it's the push pulls + the Caps ..... gong by their placement and what appears to be the circuit lines on the board they are (seem) to be connected to . I'd have to look at all that at a different angle to know better :hmm

Not PIO :laugh2:
I'd swap all that out and start anew . But using that electronics sure does take out a lot of the "hands on" aspect of the build .... Cost saving ..... can be calculated and Machines make far fewer mistakes then people do . Don't need time off , holidays ,sick leave or Vacations ...

If it's' still a good guitar ... That's (for most buyers of these) all good . Since , as I see it , they are not so consumed by needing everything "just like it was made Originally in the 50's . Part of working into the future ....

J T

I think it's the push pulls + the Caps ..... gong by their placement and what appears to be the circuit lines on the board they are (seem) to be connected to . I'd have to look at all that at a different angle to know better :hmm

See post #8 for Gibson info
:)

Wattage

I think it would be great if they offered different aftermarket PCB for these guitars.
50's wiring,
50's wiring with coil taps,
50's wiring with coil taps and phase reversal,
etc etc.

Loads of different variations could be made avaliable.

I think Gibson are missing a trick here.

Yeah I think you're right, good side biz for someone with the energy for it