• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Historic Les Paul DC 58'

R E T

Hi all, just picked up this TV Model DC Les Paul. It's a 2007 model. I know there are not a lot of these around and it got me to thinking, is there a production book or list that details the number of each style of guitar Gibson made each year? I was just wondering how many of these there are about as I very rarely see them and this was the first I had seen come up in ages. well a lefty that is :)

This has a great fat neck (just how I like em) and the intonation is surprisingly good. Sadly it stinks of cigarettes (any remedies for that?) and someone has had a go rewiring it as it's a bit of a debacle in regards to the soldering on the pots. Everything works well for the most part though the tone pot goes from 0 - 4 and is at full tilt.

Over all though it was pretty cheap and plays very nicely. I'm looking forward to any thoughts or comments. One thought I had was changing out the pots and cap to try and resolve that tone issue. I had considered buying an Emerson pre wired kit. Any thoughts on those or their competitors?

Cheers

Rich

20170210_124112.jpg20170210_124314.jpg20170210_124717~01.jpg20170210_124124.jpg20170210_124231.jpg