• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Amp modelers, any out there that sound and feel like the real thing??

Amp360

You all can shoot me now but I have a Cyber Twin that sounds killer. I don't use it as much as I once did, but in the late 90s/early 00s I took that thing to about 250-300 sessions.

I pretty much ignored the effects and used it for the map sounds. Served me well for a long time... and they weren't cheap!

santosdotcalm

I dread the day that I cant get affordable good sounding tubes anymore.

But that day will come.

Is there an amp modeler out there that has the tone, feel, reaction that when
blindfolded will trick me into thinking Im plugged in my Metro Amp 68 plexi 100 watt
and a greenback cab????

Jimmy

Not sure if it sounds like the real thing or not, but I'm happy with my Boss Katana 50.

https://www.boss.info/us/categories/amplifiers/katana/

Great amp for the money, and the 100 watt version with 212 speakers should give you all the volume you need. I live in an apartment, so I appreciate the opposite end of it. With the power control, it'll drop the volume down to 0.5, 25, or the full 50 watts. You can get good tone at manageable volumes, which is harder to do with a tube amp. Something to consider...

jbzoso2002

I too have the Boss Katana 50 watt 1x12 combo and I am thrilled with the tone I get from it.

I got it a few weeks ago and if this what a $200 low level modelling amp sounds like I cant wait
to get an Amplifire or Axe fx unit.

For me the world of amps has changed completely.

I do not miss the Metro Amp 68 100w plexi 1/2 stack I just sold!!

I do want to buy it back and have that option, but Im not missing it right now.

Jimmy

Not sure if it sounds like the real thing or not, but I'm happy with my Boss Katana 50.

https://www.boss.info/us/categories/amplifiers/katana/

Great amp for the money, and the 100 watt version with 212 speakers should give you all the volume you need. I live in an apartment, so I appreciate the opposite end of it. With the power control, it'll drop the volume down to 0.5, 25, or the full 50 watts. You can get good tone at manageable volumes, which is harder to do with a tube amp. Something to consider...

JR.Deluxe

I have tube amps. Old fenders and marshalls. I have the 12 button amplifire too. What have i been using lately? Those $40 joyo pedals. The actone, the american and the british. Straight into the pa. Are they better than the real amps or the atomic? No but they are good for the music im playing and its fun to have a great sound using about a lbs of gear. Dont fall for the high dollar hype. If you can play then you can get many things to do the job. Even the zoom g1x is usable.

renderit

I too have the Boss Katana 50 watt 1x12 combo and I am thrilled with the tone I get from it.

I got it a few weeks ago and if this what a $200 low level modelling amp sounds like I cant wait
to get an Amplifire or Axe fx unit.

For me the world of amps has changed completely.

I do not miss the Metro Amp 68 100w plexi 1/2 stack I just sold!!

I do want to buy it back and have that option, but Im not missing it right now.

Jimmy

And you can keep telling yourself that! It's COOL! It's part of the HEALING process!