• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Gibson les paul steal of the year!

Ash81

About a week ago I was browsing the les paul selection on the Thomann.com website and I saw a Les Paul standard 2016 for an extremely discounted price. They have been blowing off the 2016 models for a few months now and the LP standards are discounted to 1880 Euros. ($1960)

To my surprise I saw a 2016 Standard T for 1439Euros ($1500usd). Needless to say I immediately hit the 'buy' button!

A couple of hours later I received an e-mail in which they said my order had been cancelled because the advertised price was a mistake. I e-mailed back and said that I was dissapointed because they sometimes do extreme discounts but that I completely understood they had to cancel my order. No hard feelings.

A couple of days later I received an e-mail that they were going to honor the price because I was a loyal customer. (bought tons of stuff there in the past ten years) Today it came in the mail!!

A brand new Gibson Les Paul Standard 2016 T for 1439 euros ($1500) is insane! This is unbelievable customer Service. I will absolutely remain a loyal customer.

Ash81

LesPaul2_zpswmcq3vuk.jpg

Ash81

Plays and sounds fantastic! Might even keep the stock pickups. Love the picture they included of my guitar at the Gibson factory. But the best thing about this guitar is the weight: 3,55kg/7.8 lbs. Love lightweight les pauls

Gearbug

I ordered the Heritage Cherry Sunburst of the same guitar from Thomann.de but changed to Traditional HP considering a more traditional tone would better serve my present interests. I think I made a mistake though, the HP version will probably not sound very 'traditional' anyway, and I am better used to slim profile necks. You enjoy yours in good health, a steal indeed...

Doc Sausage

Very nice and 'lemony'. About the only way to beat that is to really steal one! If you go that route, I recommend stealing Beano back.:spabout

DaveSG

Very nice and 'lemony'. About the only way to beat that is to really steal one! If you go that route, I recommend stealing Beano back.:spabout

Holy cow! Love everything about this one! The look (has that nice, vintage-y ultra flame going on), the weight, and everything else! Congrats to you and good on Thomann!