• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

How my Fool SG was built from a 63 SG Jr....14 years ago...

GeorgeHenryGtrs

IMG_5442_zpsyfixp8xb.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
BNSM2stDoyL
BNSM2stDoyL
I've always loved Eric's Fool SG, here are a few pictures of One I'm painting at the moment ...

https://instagram.com/p/BNSM2stDoyL/

Last edited:

Aloha_Mark

This sounds like a great idea for Gibson Custom Shop to be involved with. Create a limited series of 150 Fool guitars based on one of their current SG Standard models that retails for several thousand dollars. The limited series price would obviously sell for double that. If Henry had his way, the price would be triple what I suggested.

ScumbackSpeakers

It took Jim O'Connor 9 days to paint my guitar. I'm not sure Gibson is interested in putting that much effort/time/money into it...but I guess if they sell for enough, maybe.

GeorgeHenryGtrs

It took Jim O'Connor 9 days to paint my guitar. I'm not sure Gibson is interested in putting that much effort/time/money into it...but I guess if they sell for enough, maybe.

9 days??? Damn the one I'm doing has been on the go for a few months! Who needs Gibson to do a special run anyway? There are plenty of incredibly skilled artists and luthiers out there including myself that would do the artwork better than Gibson and for a fraction of their inflated prices

Tonebender

I agree that there are a lot of Ephiphone and Ed Roman copies out there, but their artwork is usually pretty shoddy. That's the way I differentiate. Aside from the artist that did mine, the best ones I've seen are from Jeff Levinson. Don't know if he still does them, but if I had to have another, he'd be my go-to guy.

Jeff is in semi retirement. Probably temporary whilst some things in his life get sorted. He also wasn't treated well by a few customers.