• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

New Kluson Revolution tuners

EFLOW

What do you think about those new Kluson tuners ? Ratio is 19:1

sg_sta12.jpg

Last edited:

Zentar

If you like that ratio they are great. They also use a 10mm hole in the headstock so they are drop-ins. You might can find them in other ratios. I don't like drilling new holes like you do for Grovers so Klusons are nice.

Mars Hall

Are they going for a "Grover in a Kluson package"? Neat idea if they actually function like Grovers.

latestarter

And hopefully they are better than some of the "Klusons" Gibson has been using on Memphis ES's and the like....I still have my doubts those Gibson fitted ones are real Klusons...way too sloppy.

SJB353

Latestarter,
I bought a new pair of Kluson's in 2000 or so and they were and are still are firm and no slop whatsoever. So I bought
two more sets and they both sucked so badly I had to take 'em back. Just shit tuners. Go figure on the the timeline. They were from the same batch, or at least all three came out of the same box they had at the counter.
19:1 sounds like you can't lose. My first ones felt like that, the other two felt like 8:1, at best!
Buff

EFLOW

Latestarter,
I bought a new pair of Kluson's in 2000 or so and they were and are still are firm and no slop whatsoever. So I bought
two more sets and they both sucked so badly I had to take 'em back. Just shit tuners. Go figure on the the timeline. They were from the same batch, or at least all three came out of the same box they had at the counter.
19:1 sounds like you can't lose. My first ones felt like that, the other two felt like 8:1, at best!
Buff

Sorry ?

SJB353

EFLOW,
I am sorry, but I am not sure what part of my post was unclear.
Buff