• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Question about authenticity of an LP Trad

raf66

Hi all. I purchased a 2011 LP Traditional in Ice Tea Burst from a seller on reverb.com, but since this is my first time buying something before having my hands on it, I wanted to know what I should look for to ensure authenticity. I emailed Gibson with the serial number and it came back matching the guitar's description as detailed in the listing. But other than that, I am a complete amateur (at best) when it comes to verifying authenticity. I have pics but I'm hesitant to post them in case this isn't the correct forum to do so. The guitar will be in my hands this evening.

Any folks willing to help?

Thank you.

Tarcisioo

I've never seen an asian fake with binding nibs. They could exist, but I've never spotted one. So that's most likely the easiest catch when buying new guitars. As you're buying used, it could have had a refret, wich would have tossed the nibs out

Other thing frequently negligected by frauds is two pieces neck and headstock wings

Those are the easiest for me, some people find other things easier

I don't know if Trads had the pcb wiring, but that would be a pretty easy spot

Last edited: