• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Historic Makeover Visit

LearnedHand

I relocated to Florida before my relocation to Japan at the end of this month. I am an hour away from Historic Makeover's workshop. So I contacted Kim to see if I could visit the shop where my HM RDS was done. The guys gave me and my Dad a tour of the shop and explained the processes that are undertaken to get your Historic to a HM. Here are a few pictures of the Kim and the guys at HM and himself. The guitar I am holding is a real '56 that Kim converted to a '59. Kim and the guys are super nice and very engaging and have great pride in what they do. I suggest if you are in the Orlando area to contact Kim and see if you can schedule a visit.

URL=http://s215.photobucket.com/user/LearnedHand_album/media/HM%20RDS%20LP/HM3_zpswhyutcep.jpg.html]
HM3_zpswhyutcep.jpg
[/URL]

corpse

Kim is a good friend and a great host. He always spares into a few minutes which turns into an hour or more. Great shop- the real deal there. And I love that conversion. The neck is spectacular.

ff1337

I've been there a few times to buy parts etc. And those guys are always friendly and accommodating. Kim is an excellent guy, loves to tell great stories, simply awesome.

Portland Dave

I visited with Kim and crew last year when visiting my mom. Great to talk to them all and to see their process. I recently got my R7 back from them. It was a pain in the ass for them to refinish but they stuck it out and figured out what needed to be done.

view

Last edited: