• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

2016 LP Studio - $1,100 - Good Deal?

98muted

ttMGhCl.jpg

Played this wine red 2016 studio at Guitar center a couple of times and have really taken to it. It's on sale for $1,100 during the guitar-a-thon or whatever. I was wondering if this is a pretty good deal, even though the 2017s are out.

Since it is a floor model and has a little wear, do you think they would take $900?

jrfisher

If you buy it, make sure you get the Gibson Hard Shell Case that came with it from the Gibson factory. Guitar Center likes to try and sell them separately.

If you're buying with the idea of reselling in the future, know that the Wine Red guitars don't sell as fast on the used market. It's a nice looking guitar, just a slow mover when used.

You can offer $900, the worst they can say is no. Maybe they'll barter a little, doesn't hurt to ask.

98muted

Appreciate the input. Not really worried about resale, definitely like the wine red finish. They had an ebony, with black plastic that was never taken out of the box, played really nicely and was definitely in better shape than the wine red. Asked them to hold it in back for me for a couple of days. I know black is classic on a studio, but I'm not sure about the black plastic, i guess I can always switch to cream. What does everybody think here? The indecision is killing me...

wufguhjhr15ydgrvqvyg.jpg

thin sissy

Going JUST by looks, the wine red wins IMHO. But, as I'm sure you know, the best thing is to choose the one that feels the best in your hands :) .

On that note, I recently bought a black strat. I never imagined I would buy a strat of that colour (always seemed like the most boring choice), but it was the best guitar for me and I knew I would regret not getting it.