• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Grounding Issue on 2016 LP Studio?

Ddsshadow

Hello Les Paul gurus! So I recently purchased my first Les Paul, and I love the tone that I get from it, but I noticed that whenever I take my fingers off the strings, there is this loud buzz. I have tried different cables, different amps, and different locations to plug in amp, but the problem is always present.

One thing I would like to note is that the buzzing on the Les Paul (that comes with Burstbucker Pro humbuckers) is louder than my Fender Telecaster with single coils. Aren't humbuckers supposed to take care of the 50/60 frequency hum? I guess my question is that if this is common with Les Pauls or if it is indeed an issue that I need to get addressed (I can still send it back and get a replacement). If it is a common occurrence, then I'll just keep it because of how good the tone sounds. Thanks for the help! It is greatly appreciated.