• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

I think my 2006 Gibson Les Paul Supreme is fake

CyberED

In about 2011 I traded a old 1968 Gibson ES-355 Stereo cherry for this 2006 Gibson Les Paul Supreme from Guitar Center. I've had the guitar for a while and it plays fine but just now started worrying if it is a fake. Everything about it seems real like the parts and the globe with the "supreme" banner all look legit. Its just that the serial number has 9 digits and I've seen other pictures of 2006 supreme's with 8 digits. Here is the serial number: 012260430. My main question is, did some 2006 supremes have 9 digit serial numbers?

Last edited:

CyberED

Here are some pictures of it (I added the Toggle Switch Plate just a day ago because I was taking apart my Epiphone SG and wanted to see what it would look like on the supreme):

2rh0hm1.jpg

25hh1ty.jpg

5me33c.jpg

29mk5ja.jpg

dwcdut.jpg

r25heh.jpg

2vx5af4.jpg

25sqs6w.jpg

2yy5kw6.jpg

hx9bhk.jpg

vince95

Hello CyberED
One piece neck, good Gibson marking at the headstock, good positions of the potentiometers/stop bar. This looks genuine to me.
Can you add pictures of :
- neck pickup cavity (remove the 4 pickup screws)
- potentiometers cavity
- back of neck pickup

Mars Hall

What I don't understand is why you traded a 68 ES355 for it? Other than that, the guitar looks great.

bompoi

In about 2011 I traded a old 1968 Gibson ES-355 Stereo cherry for this 2006 Gibson Les Paul Supreme from Guitar Center. I've had the guitar for a while and it plays fine but just now started worrying if it is a fake. Everything about it seems real like the parts and the globe with the "supreme" banner all look legit. Its just that the serial number has 9 digits and I've seen other pictures of 2006 supreme's with 8 digits. Here is the serial number: 012260430. My main question is, did some 2006 supremes have 9 digit serial numbers?

im no expert but I believe Gibson ONLY uses flat head screws, NEVER phillips head screws. you may want to check that out. I hope im wrong, that's a beautiful axe

Toecutter

im no expert but I believe Gibson ONLY uses flat head screws, NEVER phillips head screws. you may want to check that out. I hope im wrong, that's a beautiful axe

Nope that's wrong, Gibson uses Phillips screws not slotted.