• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Good (post 60s) years for Gibson Archtop Guitars

rufes

Formerly dmartinez
A serious GAS attack is making me consider to buy an ES175.

I have been only interested in guitars from the 50s and 60s so I really don't know what years have been bad, good, and excellent after the 60s. Specially if we talk about archtops which seem to get all my attention lately
but I don't want to spend that much in a ES175 right now so I would appreciate your help.

I already have a '66 Guild CE100 that I like a lot. I love how "acoustic" sounds when plugged.

I had a '91 ES175 but didn't like it that much and sold it. I don't know if it was because of the humbuckers (never liked them too much at least in a solid body) so I don't even know if buying a ES175 is going to be an improvement over my Guild.

Last edited:

jhmp

The Herb Ellis models seem to be an economical entry for an under priced instrument.