• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Anyone buy a true historic 'aged' lately?????

bluesroom

Anyone recently buy a true historic ' aged' in house lately???
What'd ya get, where'd ya get it? And what do you think of the aging?
In the market for one and I'm curious to know your experience, and your happiness factor lol

clearmudd

Anyone recently buy a true historic ' aged' in house lately???
What'd ya get, where'd ya get it? And what do you think of the aging?
In the market for one and I'm curious to know your experience, and your happiness factor lol

True Historics are awesome guitars, the aging thing well...that is subjective, You either like it or you don't. Though the only "aged" LP I have is a CC done in house and it is very convincing. Gibson Custom has really improved their aging process. If I ain't happy, I ain't buying, that's the bottom line. All my LPs make me very happy.:salude

tubes10s

The aged/signed McCready guitars are TH spec and aged. Check out the threads on those for more info about aged TH models too.

I have an aged/signed True Historic McCready, and an aged/unsigned Standard Historic McCready, and while they are both awesome, I would be likely to believe that more effort went into the aging on the TH vs the SH, especially in the finer details. For example, on the TH, the exposed wood is darkened, as if it's absorbed years of sweat and grime. The exposed wood on the SH doesn't have that detail.

renderit

I like some and not others. My HS R4 is awesome. Pics are on another thread here. HS is pretty much the same spec as TH.

roysessions

I got the Rick Nielsen artist series a few months back. I think the aging is incredible and on par with Kim at HM. Great looking guitar that seems to be a bit under the radar! I also got a Nicky last month which looks great, but the Nielsen looks better to me in terms of "aging"