• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

How to tell the difference

Sirstopher

How can you tell the difference in different LP models. I got this axe this weekend, I was told what it was, but how can you be sure? I checked the serial number on Reverb and the year matched up with what I was told, but do you have to take these apart to see exactly what is in there.

2011 Tradional Pro II is what I was told, again I am new to the Gibson line and I assumed this was a good deal and didn't want to pass it up. I know you have to do your home work before but time is time and I did do background information on that model above.

what top or finish is on the guitar? Most tops have the grain running towards the center of the axe, my grain runs perpendicular to the neck? I don't see this in a lot of photos? Also the covers or soap bars over the Pups? Photos I see of the ProII have exposed doubles.

any help would be fantastic, realistically it doesn't matter as it plays very well and is a great replacement over my RG550 I have had for the last 25 years.

thanks in advance.

Big Al

Gibsons online catalog and direct communication with them can answer all your questions.

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
Call Gibson Customer Service and give them the serial number .... VIOLA!!! :spabout