• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Neck heavy

Mats A

I've tried some modern weight relieved Les Paul Standards in music stores but i've never had one on in a strap. It feels kind of neck heavy. Is it so?

lous1952

I can't say that I've ever seen a LP Standard that was neck heavy, vintage or modern.
I don't think that weight relief is much of a factor.

1all's Pub

No, never run into a neck heavy LP. Regardless of weight relief, the body of an LP is still much heavier than the neck/headstock.

Fear not. :)

Mats A

Ok, somehow when sitting down with a modern weight relieved or a chambered it feels like it leans more to the neck side. Specially with the locking tuners also.

B Ingram

Ok, somehow when sitting down with a modern weight relieved or a chambered it feels like it leans more to the neck side. ...

I've not had this experience with any Les Paul guitar, including the many thousands which passed through my hands when I worked in the Gibson USA plant.

If you made the same statement about an SG, I'd understand.

Mats A

Yes that is one thing i don´t like about SG´s they are neck heavy. Most non chambered, non modern weight relieved Les Pauls are almost body heavy if you sit down and play with the guitar.

Last edited: