• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Les Paul Traditional: 2015 or 2016 ?

wirezz

Hi everyone, I'm super new here but I'd like some help.

I am in the fortunate position being able to purchase a new les paul and I've narrowed it down to a les paul traditional. I can get the 2016 model or the 2015 model for a substantial discount.
Is there any reason I should go for the 2016 instead of the 2015 ? Should I consider a les paul standard ?
Btw this will be a gift so I can never sell it ever..... have to get it right the first time :)

I currently use a Bacchus '59 les paul copy with a one piece back and sheptone humbuckers. I quite like the '59 neck profile and pretty much everything about that guitar.
I also have a les paul faded studio which has thought me that I hate burstbuckers (I use riff raffs in it now) and hence why I am not really considering the les paul standard.

Tim Plains

Are both Traditionals local? If so, just play them and pick the one you like more. 2015 Gibsons were...different...than any other year. Cosmetic features many don't like, robot tuners, and a wider/flatter neck.

clearmudd

Same name, but two different animals. You would have to try them out first. Deciding won't be difficult.

transistor

Hey everyone...I'm looking to buy a 2015 lp traditional (150082666) is there any way to know if it is the limited sprint run other than without the g force tuner? I'm fairly comfortable saying it's legit but any feedback anyone can give or if I can post pics I would be glad and appreciate it. Thanks guys and have a great day