• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

m i n e : '60 LP burst

blaster710

I just installed a new '50's wiring harness - and a set of Peter Florance VooDoo '59's, g it - I wondered why I needed the 2 tone controls. I rarely touch the tones. If I just use the VOL's - can I wire for just the two volume controls - and keep the signal even more pure.

Larry -- thanks,

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
Why did you change the parts on your 60 Burst? Were they unoriginal? :wah

madformac

Shouldn't this be in the vintage section if we are talking about a '60 Burst? Like Tom I'm not sure why you would take out the PAFs and original harness unless it wasn't original? :dang

Unless it's an R0 Reissue (Still wrong forum) :##

Or is it a 1960 Classic USA Gibson? :)

If it's the latter then the changes you have made won't do any harm, good choice in pickups. May I suggest you leave the tone controls as they are. You may find with a 50's style harness that they are far more useful especially combined with the taper of the volume pots in cleaning the signal as the volume is wound down. If you don't already, try playing the guitar without overdrives and other assorted s**t that get in the way of the signal far more than tone controls and you may find a far more superior tone that can be shaped further by use of the tone controls. :dude:

Big Al

Makes me nuts when people refer to a Reissue by the date it emulates. In the case of the Classic it would be 1960 Classic and not a '60 Burst.