• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

2016 Gibson Les Paul Thread

NHRoccodog

This thread is centered around Gibson's new 2016 Les Paul line. Share pictures of your Les Paul, discuss them, and more. Don't hesitate in sharing what you love!

Dun Ringill

I'll put mine up. 2016 60's Tribute. I had been looking for a P-90 guitar and a honeyburst. I got 2 birds with one stone:

:dude:

PierceLP

These 2016s are sure a breath of fresh air. Every single one i played i loved. Im excited to see what 2017 is going to bring.

Beautiful honeyburst p90 by the way!!

tjdjr1

Here is my 2016 Traditional from Sam Ash..

12509395_1131191780233342_3369886902451798364_n.jpg

nick79

Here's my 2016 Faded -
DSC_1318_zpsuavdbo2c.jpg

DSC_1323_zpsk836numj.jpg

It's my first Gibson (been lusting for years and finally thought why not, treat yourself). Very happy with it, plays beautifully, sounds great, feels great.

chris.gotfunk

My first real Les Paul. I have a '97 Epiphone that's I've enjoyed over the years, but I got the chance to play a 2016 Standard Historic '58 Reissue and about fell of the stool at the shop. I went home, did some research, listened to a few clips and pulled the trigger on one. This literally just arrived today and I have yet to put it down.

I'm primarily a bass player, so the fat neck really felt glorious in my hands. Time to sharpen my skills and really learn how to make her sing.

D'Mule

My first real Les Paul. I have a '97 Epiphone that's I've enjoyed over the years, but I got the chance to play a 2016 Standard Historic '58 Reissue and about fell of the stool at the shop. I went home, did some research, listened to a few clips and pulled the trigger on one. This literally just arrived today and I have yet to put it down.

I'm primarily a bass player, so the fat neck really felt glorious in my hands. Time to sharpen my skills and really learn how to make her sing.

Wow! So nice!

sixtiesman

I was wondering about this a couple of weeks ago. Read a load of posts which were very helpful. Bought one last Tuesday. Brilliant.
I have a 1992 cherry, a 2004 cherry and this one takes the cake.
I felt honor bound to post this because I was very grateful that these posts were around. I was able to persuade myself to go and buy one as a result.
So....I think the quality and finish are the best I've seen from Gibson.
The setup is perfect and it's possibly the best guitar I've ever played!
So if you are wondering like I was a couple of weeks ago, get one they're fantastic!

Kris Ford

I have a '16 Firebird T, (what they're calling the Firebird V now), and it's one of the best Gibsons I've ever owned, and brought me back to buying new Gibsons.
They REALLY stepped it up for this year! :3zone

da yooper

my new 2016 les paul traditional T. I couldn't be happier with it. I am going to be replacing the electronics with doyle coils and their 59' harness but for the fit and finish of the guitar. I cant complain one bit.

Big Al

my new 2016 les paul traditional T. I couldn't be happier with it. I am going to be replacing the electronics with doyle coils and their 59' harness but for the fit and finish of the guitar. I cant complain one bit.

THat top is so cool! I love the Dragons Eye thingey just left of the treble pickup by the side of the lower bout. Looks like it is looking at you!:ganz

da yooper

THat top is so cool! I love the Dragons Eye thingey just left of the treble pickup by the side of the lower bout. Looks like it is looking at you!:ganz

thanks, I saw the same thing when I bought it. two of my friends who have seen the guitar cant seem to see it so I'm glad I'm not going crazy haha

Big Daddy B

I have been pretty pleased with my Sweet 16 Trad T as well, despite the neck being thicker than I prefer. I have done a bunch of mods to her, as I typically do to my LPs, not the least of which is the Bigsby.

20160715_152859.jpg

engineer

Wow!

They all look great!

But why they went back to the "non-removable" pick guard is beyond me.
Some of the photos above feature the ugly hole top right of the neck pickup.

Of all things people did not like about the 2015 I have hard time believing the removable pick guard was one.

Big Daddy B

Wow!

They all look great!

But why they went back to the "non-removable" pick guard is beyond me.
Some of the photos above feature the ugly hole top right of the neck pickup.

Of all things people did not like about the 2015 I have hard time believing the removable pick guard was one.

I took the PG off my ebony LP custom and just put the screw back in the hole. Granted it is a black screw so less noticeable.