• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

I have to report how smart I am- not!!!!I started to pick up my brand-new the l

Guitardon

So last night I decided to go to Blues on Halsted in Chicago. I started to pack up my brand-new the Les Paul TH but never put it in the case. as the night dragged on I started to get tired and decided not to go. My friend that was going to meet me there called me and coaxed me to show up. In haste I grabbed my softshell but very heavy duty guitar case and raced out of the house. I know the host Rodney Brown who was my roomie when I traveled with the Glenn Davis blues band years ago. So I was sure to be called up at a reasonable time. So I go to the stage and I was horrified when I open my case, my brand-new true historic was not in the case. Stupid me, not planning to go I never bothered to put the guitar in the case and with a last-minute call I just grab the case and ran out of the house.

Now talk about feeling stupid,I open the case and is empty. Everybody had a good laugh at my expense, fortunately Laurie Bell had a 335 and just finished his set and was kind enough to lend me his guitar. But the disappointment of not being able to bring up my new beauty and really sound good still has me stinging-feeling like a total idiot. I had my tube screamer but it didn't work as well with the 335 so my tone sucked. but I got through the Four or five songs that I did fairly well. Now I have to go back into weeks when Rodney is hosting the jam again to redeem myself. :##

Does anyone out there have anything equally stupid to confess to publicly, please do it might make me feel a little better.

Uncle Gary

That was always one of my "nightmare" scenarios back in my gigging days. I always expected that I'd load up all the gear I carried to gigs and would one day forget my guitar.

corpse

Walked onstage, and in my effort to negotiate the gear, caught my foot on a cable and knocked a folded mike-stand into the singers brand new, bought-that-very-day, Guild Dreadnought.
That puts the m in stupid.

jhmp

Going on After Lurrie Bell. When he's on, it can be devastating!

Last edited:

Guitardon

Going on After Lurrie Bell. When he's on, it can be devastating!
He was firing on all eight cylinders, but I'm not a bad player and not afraid to go after anybody but I just wish I would've had my Les Paul and the tone I'm used to having, I could have sounded a lot better than I did. But it was fun to play his guitar, he was a gentleman and I sincerely thinked him afterwards. And I crawled back in a hole and burried my head under the bar. It is the stupidest thing I've ever done on a professional stage. But I'm gonna bounce right back and I'll be there two weeks from now on Wednesday night to redeem myself. I'm going to triple check my guitar case before I leave the house:teeth