• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Les Pollock?

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
I believe Tom was talking tongue in cheek! I think it is very interesting. No, it is not traditional, but I like it!

No, I wasn't. I was replying to Big Al's comment.
There is no way I could have known that this was painted by someone named "Pollack" [who I have never heard of].
The OP offered nothing about that. Big Al's statement made no sense to me, since this thread had virtually no info.

And I still wonder about the Gibson Custom Shop connection. Does this painter work for Gibson at the Custom Shop? Did Gibson Custom commission him to paint it?
Does anyone [especially Cliff Gress] feel like clearing this up? Or should it just stay a confusing mess? :wah

Big Al

There is no way I could have known that this was painted by someone named "Pollack" [who I have never heard of].
The OP offered nothing about that. Big Al's statement made no sense to me, since this thread had virtually no info.

And I still wonder about the Gibson Custom Shop connection. Does this painter work for Gibson at the Custom Shop? Did Gibson Custom commission him to paint it?
Does anyone [especially Cliff Gress] feel like clearing this up? Or should it just stay a confusing mess? :wah

No Tom. I thought Jackson Pollock was pretty well known. As he more than anyone popularised that style of art. My post regarding the referenced artist was the "Pollock" in the op, Gibson "Pollock".

No one said anything about the Custom Shop but you. There is nothing in the op about Custom Shop, just an artsy pic and a punny caption. Sorry for any befudlement caused, I can see how it would now.

And what is up with the fishy talk? I've rarely seen punnery on such a scale, I shudder to think what this tom foolery may spawn! Still I'll play, just for the halibut.:hee

Last edited:

J T

So is that a CS that left Gibson like that, a CS that was done over by it's owner, or a Gibson USA? Just want to know if the Custom Shop really is doing one offs like this.

renderit

I think it's a Chibson anyways. Look at the headstock shape...

GotTheSilver

Sorry, Tom. As Big Al said, Jackson Pollock is a pretty well known artist know for this style of painting. I assumed you knew who Pollock was and was just being cheeky. My mistake.

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
No one said anything about the Custom Shop but you. There is nothing in the op about Custom Shop, just an artsy pic and a punny caption. Sorry for any befudlement caused, I can see how it would now.

The Gibson Custom shop is automatically implied, since this is the Gibson Custom/Historic area. I'm surprised that went passed you, but then, so did my ignorance of the painter.

And I still see no caption or any other writing in the OP, just a photo. Please tell me what this caption says, as it does not appear on either computer I use. :hmm
[or, are you referring to the thread title?]

Cliff Gress

(No I do not know if this was a Custom Shop guitar. Please excuse me if I put it in the wrong section.) edit...Just looked up my source for the pic, Gibson Custom on Facebook.

I just thought people would have fun looking at a creative paint job and the joke in the thread title.

Jackson Pollock is a very famous abstract artist. And Tom, you can call me Cliff.

Last edited: