• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Plexi 50 clone?

Fried okra

Has anyone ever seen a clone like this? The plexi glass on the front is all engraved.

CoyotesGator

Nope.

I wouldn't mind having a case or two of those Philips JAN 6L6WGC's!

Im such a nerd.

What does it sound like?

Fried okra

Were you kidding?

I ask because it's a homebrew with stick-on letters on the faceplate...

Not kidding. The faceplate is not stick on. Someone actually went to a lot of trouble to have the face plate engraved. The reason I am asking about, is in case anyone knows of who built these. I remember hearing about a guy who built these back 30 years ago from the Memphis area. Seems like Strings & Things had something to do with it.

Fried okra

These belong to a friend of mine in Memphis who passed away recently. His wife wants me to make an offer on all of his guitars and amps.

sonar

Can't help with the amp you're asking about, but if it's up to spec the Mig 50's sound really good.

B Ingram

Not kidding. The faceplate is not stick on. Someone actually went to a lot of trouble to have the face plate engraved. ...

My mistake then... The letters are the exact-same font as stick-on mailbox letters available at a hardware store, and the apparent mis-alignment of the "A" & "S" in "Master" had me thinking they were stick-on.

I still vote homebrew, but perhaps someone will have seen one before. I know of a number of hobbyists whose home-made amps look inside & out as-good as any production item.