• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Is the Pigtail Wraparound Intonatable bridge for Juniors only?

Jabba-burst

I bought the pigtail intonating wraparound and studs... it just came in the mail.

I am surprised it doesn't fit on my LPR4. Is this supposed to be for Les Paul Juniors only?

latestarter

He says he did, so we'll assume it's more the angle thing...or maybe the studs threads are different?

Are you saying that the way the strings come over the saddles isn't right? As in, they're way off centre?

Those bridges are ideally designed for the straight stud alignment that a lightning bridge would fit...like this SG below. An R4 has off set studs. The PigTail, altho awesome for what it's intended for, doesn't really work for angled studs.

original.jpg

If you're looking for better intonation on an angled bridge, I'd be looking at the MojoAxe compensated wrap around.

13718999113847.jpg

Or cheaper options include the Faber...I've tried them all, the Mojo and Faber options are solid choices...the Mojo looks more traditional, the Faber has the potential to be closer to intonation (altho, I find the Mojo works for me in terms of accuracy).

TPWC-AN.jpg

Jabba-burst

I did get the studs. Yeah, my LPR4 is angled (but you guys know that, I am the dunce).

The studs screw in just fine. But it's nearly impossible to get the bridge onto them, and I guess the issue is the spread. But I did, and it's freaking tight. And it intonated, but the strings are nearly at the edges of the saddles. I needed to string it with 11-48.

I feel pretty stupid right now. Really stupid. I should have asked.

:dang

Meanwhile I finally put all the pieces together that the Mojoaxe bridge was the one that Danelectro was developing a few years back. I wish I'd stayed up to date, but I had some severe medical issues that were limiting everything - guitars and forums were pretty low priority for a while.

To shorten up this story, the compensated bridge and a full set of aged plastics shipped out yesterday, and will be here tomorrow. So the remedy is currently incoming.

Anybody need a relic'd mojo compensated bridge and studs?

:##

Jabba-burst

since it's intonated now (I had to reverse the saddle on the g) it actually sounds good and it's real comfortable. I am using 11-48 Ernie Ball power slinkys.

So FWIW, I blame this Dan Erlewine/Stewmac video for my error:

latestarter

It "can" work, but it's not ideal. Good to hear you got a fix coming. Photos once done please! R4's are great!

Jabba-burst

Well, something I like about this versus the stock bar is the winding on the string doesn't reach up around, so my hand doesn't get shredded. I do a lot of chuggin' and palm mutes. In that regard this pigtail adjustable is pretty good.

It positively looks wrong on the guitar. LOL. I should post my new "singlecut" on the prs forum and freak people out.

7rCTUtn.jpg

okO6N6S.jpg

Last edited:

Fish Fingers

Got two on my Gordon Smith single cut guitars. Must say they line up a bit more symmetrically than the photos shown.

TheBloodhound

Hey Jabba-burst
How does the new bridge compare to the old one? Tone and intonation wise?
I have a wraparound too, and although I like it very much I've been thinking of trying something along the lines of pigtail, just to see how it works, you know?
By the way, very cool guitar! Congrats!