• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

NGD : 1987 Les Paul Standard

TheThe

Bought a 1987 Les Paul Standard in wine red finish.
The bridge and tuners were changed, refreted and have some dings, but this sounds great.
This guitar is currently with local guitar tech for changing old nut.

And I think it has original PU, but not sure about what it is.
Maybe early 498t, If anybody knows what it is please notice me.

Elmore

My number one (avatar) is an '87. My stock pickups looked just like that, but also have a stamped number. My research told me those are Shaws. Some 500K pots really opened up the tone of my '87. Nice guitar, TheThe.

TheThe

My number one (avatar) is an '87. My stock pickups looked just like that, but also have a stamped number. My research told me those are Shaws. Some 500K pots really opened up the tone of my '87. Nice guitar, TheThe.

Thanks! Your guitar looks awesome!

Cav

Awesome!
I also really like my 87 Std.
Very open sounding!

Big Al

Most of the Les Pauls from that vintage seemed to me were all very good guitars. You may wish to upgrade various parts as you deem fit, but I would live with a while and see how it really is. You gotta just love wine red though, I certainly do!

TheThe

Most of the Les Pauls from that vintage seemed to me were all very good guitars. You may wish to upgrade various parts as you deem fit, but I would live with a while and see how it really is. You gotta just love wine red though, I certainly do!

I really love wine red color :) I love the burst LPs but somehow I have crushed on red LPs
Maybe my love of George Harrison made me to buy Red Les Paul
Thanks anyway :dude: