• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

FS UK/EU/WW Vintage 1965 Silvertone 1484 Twin Twelve Amp, Clean & Killer!

Jumping@Shadows

Hi all, up for sale or part trade is my '65 Silvertone 1484 piggy back combo, in fine original condition and sounding just killer!

This is an all point-to-point wired twin 6L6, 2x12" combo with swampy trem and quirky Silvertone piezo 'reverb', and has a huge cult following- these are famously the keystone to Jack White's/The White Stripes massive overdriven sound, and offers classic tweed sounds at giggable volume all in a really sharp retro styled package:

image_zpsdtftbi0k.jpeg

image_zpswvxrotxs.jpeg

image_zpsdxmhkzw2.jpeg

image_zpsrpid7vvg.jpeg

image_zpsdybaq6kw.jpeg

image_zpsbs2rplqy.jpeg

image_zps2arpva2y.jpeg

It's in excellent original condition, with original transformers and mid '65 C12Q Jensens, and has been recently recapped so sounds fat and nasty, and I think of it as the lovechild of a BF Vibrolux and a tweed 5E3 Dlx- glassy cleans and huge, chunky break-up plus deep swampy tremolo.

These are rare in the EU, and not often seen this clean and intact, and it's serviced and gig ready!

Price is £1250 OBO, and I'm happy to ship anywhere it needs to get to, pro packed and tracked, and I'm open to partial trades for other cool vintage gear.

Thanks for looking. J@S