• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Gibson Les Paul Junior 2007 - Tuning?

Riley Kemple

Hey all,

I just bought a Gibson Les Paul Junior 2007 second hand, and I'm totally in love with it. However, it doesn't stay in tune very long.

Any suggestions for tuner upgrades?

Also, is there a good (noticeably better) upgrade for the tailpiece?

Thanks!

- Riley

Kris Ford

Hi, and welcome!:salude
For those, there are various intonable bridges..but have you tried really stretching the stings, making sure tuners are tight..etc?
With a wraparound bridge, some folks like to slip the ball end of an old string over the string to act as a spacer, in case the windings may be causing the problem..which they surely can.
For tuners..since the holes are already there..Grovers..
I like Grovers and P90s..even on vintage.

Dave71

Also, don't forget to check the nut slots. You may have some/a string(s) binding up in there. I like to put a little chapstick in the nut slots.

Texas Blues

Hey all,

I just bought a Gibson Les Paul Junior 2007 second hand, and I'm totally in love with it. However, it doesn't stay in tune very long.

Any suggestions for tuner upgrades?

Also, is there a good (noticeably better) upgrade for the tailpiece?

Thanks!

- Riley

The tuners are fine.

99% of the time its an improperly cut nut.

I've bought many guitars with this issue and it has always been the nut as the culprit.

As per upgrades...

Over the years I've become of the opinion that there are none.

There are only modifications.

Kris Ford

The tuners are fine.

99% of the time its an improperly cut nut.

I've bought many guitars with this issue and it has always been the nut as the culprit.

As per upgrades...

Over the years I've become of the opinion that there are none.

There are only modifications.

TRUTH!

Glad to see ya again bud!:salude