• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Happy Mardi Gras!

J T

Cool!

Where are you?

Kinda like Times Square, only drunks wearing beads. Actually a lot like Times Square.

Triburst

I was in town for the festivities (have friends with a condo), but I live about 45 minutes north.

JT, the vibe is actually good bit different for a Tuesday. In Times Square, you're mostly looking at the attractions and the costumed (or lack of costume) hustlers looking for "tips."

On Bourbon Street (actually the whole French Quarter) during Mardi Gras, it's chaos, and you never know what you'll see next because it's all non-pros -- people just out for a good time (in various phases of sobriety). There are some laugh out loud funny costumes -- really creative! (Today, I saw a pregnant nun.)

Our parade floats used to be really ugly, and we're still not anywhere close to "Rose Parade" class, but they've really improved since Katrina. After the main Krewes (Zulu and Rex) roll, there's an enormous line of semi's (in the hundred plus range) following their route pulling decorated trailers loaded with loaded people that are each throwing as much stuff as they possibly can to the crowd. The "Truck Parades" are all about throws -- If beads, plastic cups, aluminum doubloons, and stuffed animals appeal to you, wave to someone and you'll have incoming!

I've never been to Times Square for New Year's but I think that's when they would have the most similarities. That looks pretty wild.:salude

J T

Ha! Some characters strolling by!

Actually its more like the Halloween parade.

J T

Must be a little chilly there, people wearing jackets, (mostly):hee