• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

2013 Shipping Totals

Music Lovin Mark

Now that we are into 2016, does anyone have shipping totals for the 2013 year LP Reissues? In total or R7, R8, R9 & R0 separately? Curious as to how many were produced in the Custom Shop.

renderit

At least 6 I would say. Probably more but I can't verify that. Kevin? KEVIN!

Music Lovin Mark

Thanks for the helpful answers. I expected better from the people on this forum. Way to welcome a new member.

renderit

Kevin is the Gibson rep. He MAY be able to answer that, but I suspect it is trade secret stuff. Some peeps watch for sale listings at the guitar shops to get the latest serial numbers and you can kinda back into it from there. Someone here may have done that. I was joking. Hope you are not excessively upset over this. But hey! It kept your thread up top where more peeps will notice it and it is more likely to get answered so there's that...

CLEAN UP IN AISLE 4!

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
Thanks for the helpful answers. I expected better from the people on this forum. Way to welcome a new member.

Give it more time. This isn't a research center just waiting to answer the next question.

The one member who likely knows [Kevin] might be otherwise engaged at this time. His job at the Custom Shop keeps him busy. Hopefully, he will see this and give you his answer. :salude

markguitar

Les Paul Forum Member
Usually Gibson will never divulge total numbers for each model. The "Transition Burst" that was the last of the 2013's with 2014 specs were in the 3300's.

Slashburst

Now that we are into 2016, does anyone have shipping totals for the 2013 year LP Reissues? In total or R7, R8, R9 & R0 separately? Curious as to how many were produced in the Custom Shop.
Relax, there are good people with good will and answers here.:salude
Welcome to the Forum, bro!

goldtop0

Hmmm........well I've got 3........over to you Kev.

Welcome to the forum Music.

djefferis

Rough guesses - R8/9 - into the 2800-3300 range. Can be difficult to determine as I was always under assumption that G pushed higher serial numbered product to non US markets towards end of the year - so last serial numbers you see in the US may have left the shop in October, and all that production from November/December goes overseas. (as to why - again, just a guess but figuring the combination of dealer inventory being saturated after 8 months of product and lack of replenishment of stock in anticipation of the "new" changes for the next model year/buyer demand - 'mercian's tend to demand a discount on perceived stale product from the prior year - where other markets that see less aren't as picky over these things).

R7's sold very well - guessing in the 2300-2600 range - the change in finish helped. R0's - there were a lot of plain/figured top's produced, so guessing they sold half as well as a R8/9 - say 1600. R4/6 - who knows - never a big seller, 600 each???

I would safely guess there are +/- 10k total R series produced in '13 - and closer to 16k for '14 (with the number of 14's made in '15. Early '13 saw an improved economy, buyers rushing to buy a perceived better product than '12 and buyers thinking the values would hold steady at resale. Way too much product killed the resale (not uncommon to see a R9 offered sub 4k from these 2 years now- '11 and prior that was about as low as you ever saw a R9 - and '13 saw a nice price increase).

As mentioned - G will never verify total production - but its pretty easy to verify by serial numbers. Granted we will never know how many were returned for QC issues and then band-sawed with the serial never used, but I think its safe to say that number is low. I'm sure there are some more experienced members who can better speak to these numbers - just wanted to make sure the OP got an educated guess to their question.

MikeSlub

Administrator
As noted by others above, Gibson does not divulge shipping totals. Hasn't done so since the late 70's. :hank