• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

1986 Les Paul Standard

Tim H.

Purchased this yesterday from the second owner who bought it in '88. He put it in storage 20+ years ago. Nice original un-modified survivor.

Last edited:

deville

It's a beauty! I almost bought one, same colour and everything back around that time. Couldn't get the moolah together. Sure played nicely though...

Strings Jr.

Very nice survivor. Appears 100% original, down to the "PAF" stickers on the pickup rings. Those were applied if the guitar passed the first sound booth inspection. Out of curiosity, would the build date on your guitar happen to be early in the year? I have a note in my log book that says we ran out of those stickers on April 9th, 1986.

Tim H.

Strings, thanks for your reply. My serial number shows a date of March 18th, 1986. production #7 Nashville plant. That seems to match up with the stickers running out in April. Thanks for your input. Any chance you built this guitar? That would be something! :biggrin:

DanD

:salude Welcome!

Nice Standard! I always liked the black Standard. :dude:

The Customs are a bit over the top for my taste. :peace2

Big Al

That is extra sweet with correct body shape and cutaway, just an outstanding example in pristine condition.:salude:salude

Tim H.

Thanks Al, The irony here is that I bought it based on the price thinking it would be a profitable flip. But after installing fresh strings, a thorough cleaning and set up I can't do it. It plays great and it just feels right in my hands.

Big Al

Thanks Al, The irony here is that I bought it based on the price thinking it would be a profitable flip. But after installing fresh strings, a thorough cleaning and set up I can't do it. It plays great and it just feels right in my hands.

Those are just great guitars. They have a unique tone with the original pickups, that I find very appealing. Very cool guitar and one to hang onto.

JJ Jones

Nice guitar! I have a black one too, a 1990. Is your guitar heavy? Mine weighs 5 kilos which is around eleven pounds, I think.