• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Metropoulos Metroplex in the House!

G Jarvis

Could not resist any longer! The pull had been pretty strong on this one. Have had it for a week now and I could not be happier. This is one helluva amp guys. George has created the ultimate Plexi. One of the absolute best volume clean up amps I've played. And yes, it keeps the chime! Feels like the best Plexi you ever played also. It all adds up. Have yet to find something I don't like or would change. Awesome!

J.D.

Very cool. The Velvet One has been making killer amps for a long time.

d2_racing

You bought the latest version of the Metroplex. I think that he addes some switch to the amp.

Congrats :p

J.D.

Yes this is definitely a "hot rodded" modern Plexi with a number of "vintage" Marshall amp tones baked in. Really a cool design IMHO.

d2_racing

How is the amp at low volume ? I hear that Georges use some PEC pots, so the master volume should be really good.

Do you know if he uses a PPIMV master volume or not ?

G Jarvis

How is the amp at low volume ? I hear that Georges use some PEC pots, so the master volume should be really good.

Do you know if he uses a PPIMV master volume or not ?
You know, oddly enough, it sounds really really good at low volumes. Of course not the same as a good cranked volume but much better than most MV amps I've owned/played. That's the first thing I noticed is just how good it sounds at low volumes. This baby cleans up better than ANY amp currently available on the market IMO. Certainly the most versatile but the clean up is a big deal for me. The MP retains that "chime" when the volume is backed off. And No Ghost Note's!!!

sreynolds

I got one of these today and will attest to everything Gary has said. Killer amp. Played the stinking thing for about 6 hrs. Its one of those that you just can't stop playing. Master is the best I've encountered. I don't know what George did but it works. Most masters have to reach a point where the amp starts to breath to sound good and many times thats more volume than you want or need . No so with the Metro-Plex. It comes outa the gate breathing. A big plus. Sustain of bass of treble string is off the charts. Another plus.

The boost has ajustable volume and gain (awesome) and its so useful. I'll set my rhythm tone and hit the boost for leads and its absolutely liberating . Works so good. Cleans up better than any amp I've had as well , well it and the Komet 60 and a JTM 45/100, speaking of which this Metro-Plex brings those tones to the table as well and with vengeance.

I also got some of the best cleans out of my Les Paul that I've heard. This really floored me, just wasn't wasn't expecting it. Overall just a killer , killer amp and if your into Marshall tones you need to check one out.

sreynolds

Heres a pic of my purple Metro-Plex Best Marshall based amp I've ever had.

Last edited:

TM1

George builds some of the best "Marshall's" out there and he's also just a really wonderful guy too! I tried one last Fall when he was here for the Amp Show! Yikes! What a great amp!

Michael Patrick

Holy thread resurrection, Batman...

I just picked up a used Metroplex. It really is all that.

The boost is a killer feature. In the past I've struggled with getting my solos up over the din, but with the Metroplex I can balance my rhythm volume with the other guitar player in my band and then make my solos really pop. The ability to dial in additional gain or have it just be a volume boost is icing on the Little Debbie.

The loop sounds great as well.

And it sounds like the best Marshall you ever (or never...) heard.

I've used it on a couple of gigs already, and I've gotten a lot of compliment son my tone.