• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Just ordered a Wolf replica

JJ Blair

I've lusted after this guitar since I was a kid. Leo, at Scarlet Fire Guitars, seems to be building some beautiful ones. Sent off my deposit today. We'll see how it goes.

_DSC2939_zpse88e4f14.jpg

JJ Blair

The original was built by Doug Irwin, who worked for Alembic.

This is how it looked in '73, when it was new.

Jerry%2BGarcia%2Bwolf%2B4.JPG

And then it got modded in the late '70s with HBs, and an effects loop, and looks like this now. (I want the '73 electronics.)

Jerry%2Bgarcia%2Bwolf.jpg

J.D.

Almost looks like a synth pickup was installed between the harmonica and the bridge humbucker.

JJ Blair

Sweet mother popcorn! Somebody's almost ready.

7hkrXlB.jpg

And after a touch of amber tint...

PA4jgbK.jpg

jalevinemd

Congrats!

Leo is a great guy. I bought the second Tiger that he ever made. Sold it a year or so ago mostly because it was so friggin' heavy. Plus, he inadvertently put four different brass bindings on the guitar (two on the front and two on the back). This was before he was intimately familiar with the original Tiger and mistook two maple layers for brass binding. It looked great but the outer two brass bindings on either side (the ones that shouldn't be there) had a real issue with the finish and it was lifting off pretty severely. The OCD part of my personality had trouble desalting with it. He's since perfected the craft.

Enjoy!

:peace2

duaneflowers

I've long been on the fence for a grabbing a Liger by Phred... I've just picked up a Travis Bean, so maybe that will get me close enough to the Jerry tones I've long lusted after... if not, it's back to the fence I will go...

JJ Blair

Congrats!

Leo is a great guy. I bought the second Tiger that he ever made. Sold it a year or so ago mostly because it was so friggin' heavy. Plus, he inadvertently put four different brass bindings on the guitar (two on the front and two on the back). This was before he was intimately familiar with the original Tiger and mistook two maple layers for brass binding. It looked great but the outer two brass bindings on either side (the ones that shouldn't be there) had a real issue with the finish and it was lifting off pretty severely. The OCD part of my personality had trouble desalting with it. He's since perfected the craft.

Enjoy!

:peace2

The original Tiger is a boat anchor!