• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

2016 models

Brother Shaw

Hello everyone. I just joined. I figured I finally had the right to join this forum now that I bought my 1st brand new Les Paul - 2016 Studio, T series.

It's just like I thought it would be, but better.

I'm so proud of this guitar and I'm glad there is a forum with other people that feel the same as I do.

Can someone suggest a few threads where I can read some reviews on the T series.

Thank you and I'm glad to be here and I'm even happier to be here as the owner of a Les Paul.

DanD

Welcome! :salude

Enjoy the new axe! :dude:

Oh yeah, law is pics or it didn't happen. With a tone report! :ha

Brother Shaw

Welcome! :salude

Enjoy the new axe! :dude:

Oh yeah, law is pics or it didn't happen. With a tone report! :ha

Thank you for the welcome, Dan :salude I had to crash right after I posted, I was exhausted from all the losing football yesterday. :biggrin:

Here is my new best friend. I only have a Line6 75w Spider but I can tell the improvement in sound quality from my Ibanez & strat copy I was using previous. The sustain is everything I dreamed it would be & the fretboard is like glass. The string tension is much more favorable to my playing ability, I could shake the bend on the E at 15 a lot easier than I could on the strat. I feel like I played a little better instantly just for having this guitar & I'm ready to make a pronounced jump in skill level now.

Sf70bYA.jpg

DanD

Nice Lester! :dude:

Those are by far the best bang for your dollars in the Gibson line. Great grab. :yah

I've had a few and still have my BFG which gets out of the house more than any other. :peace2

Brother Shaw

Congrats man! She sure is a beauty!!!!!!! And welcome!:eek:la

Nice Lester! :dude:

Those are by far the best bang for your dollars in the Gibson line. Great grab. :yah

I've had a few and still have my BFG which gets out of the house more than any other. :peace2

Thank you guy's for the welcome, I really appreciate it. I'm definitely out to learn all I can about these guitars.

I would have liked a Black Beauty or a Tobacco sunburst, and I always wanted a neck binding but as soon as I saw the maple top on this one, I had to have it. I wasn't even looking to buy a guitar....I was just seeing what they had & what the prices were. It became an obsession and I was lucky it was still there a week later. It has some cool marking on it so I'll always be able to recognize it. I couldn't be happier with it.

I think Gary Rossington would be my personal favorite les Paul player.

PeteH

Great looking guitar and I really like the look of the black plastic parts over the body colour!

SteveMKentucky

It is strange that the 2016's have hit the market and there is no update to the Gibson website:spabout

Just got my new 2016 yesterday. When I called Sweetwater a couple of weeks ago to ask about the 16's, the sales guy asked me how I knew about them since Gibson hadn't started marketing yet. I told him I saw them on the LPF.

johnnyha

Howdy y'all, another new member here. Got a Gibson Les Paul Studio Faded T similar to Brother Shaw's last week for $799 - fantastic guitar. Still cannot figure out how they are selling it for this price. The chambered body resonates and sustains beautifully, easily the most musical sounding electric I have. Love the neck and the shorter scale from my Fenders. Hard to put this thing down.

cnshelton

I recently bought one of those 2016 les paul classic exclusive runs with zzounds. Gibson seems to have really outdone themselves with this one. I've owned a few les pauls, but this thing is the most harmonically rich guitar I have ever picked up. 57 classic and classic plus pickup set is no joke folks. Also have a 2016 SG standard, also an incredible instrument.

1all's Pub

Congrats to all the new 2016 owners... they are great guitars... you've chosen wisely! :)

joeh77

I bought a 2016 Traditional at GC right after Christmas. Paid $1,900 out the door. Now I will admit, this is my first LP, so I can't really compare it to pervious versions, but I really love the guitar and it's become my favorite. The 2016 line is really worth checking out IMHO.

Joe

jeffreylucky1

I bought a 2016 Standard a few days ago. I must have visited the store 10 times contemplating the purchase as I rarely buy a guitar new.
This one was just special. I loved the top. I loved the weight. I loved the neck. It played just the way I like them to play.
The only thing I need to get used to is the electronics/pickups. I am not too crazy about a circuit board in a Les Paul and I haven't been crazy about the BB Pro pickups in the past.
They do sound good in this guitar, but knowing they are there doesn't set well with me....I know....it's a mental thing.
My initial thinking was to change the circuit board for some CTS pots PIO caps and put some Tom Anderson pickups in it (because I am familiar with them) but I am starting to like some of the features of the push-pull pots and I need to try it out at a few gigs before I decide.

The BB Pros are usually "ice picky" to my ears but these aren't too bad on my Marshalls (2555 Silver Jubilee from 1987 and vertical input JCM 800 50 watt). My Mesa Tremoverb is my gigging rig and it is loaded in a trailer until the weekend (yes, I'm lazy). How it sounds on the Mesa will be the deciding factor.

The fit and finish are really good for a production model and the top really is one of a kind. There is a pic on this thread
http://www.lespaulforum.com/forum/showthread.php?199432-NGD

Just my .02

Jeff

tjdjr1

Just got a 2016 wine red traditional premium, first new LP for me since 1978 ! My 78 was a deluxe and like some back in the day it now has humbuckers in it. I have had several other LP's and an SG over the years and this 2016 is very nice. I run an old 79 MV 2203 marshall and blackback speaker cab, the sustain is great. I did add the .001 cap to volume pots for some clarity when turned down but other than that I want the 57 classic plus for my older LP. I did not want to deal with the g-force tuning system live, those little screw on nuts not a good idea when in a hurry at a gig.