• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

New Les Paul Owner! And I got to play a 2016!

Quicksilver32

Hey Folks,

I just picked up my first Les Paul yesterday. It's a 2015 Studio SR in Midnight Manhattan. I love it! Though I'm not too big on the Les Paul scrawl on the headstock, but otherwise, it is wonderful. It has the 2014 neck width and standard tuners. Plays like a dream. The action was set a bit high on the low E, but a quick adjustment was all it needed. Beautiful fretwork, too. The only real issue was that when I took off the rear covers, the insides were covered with a hardened, powdery polishing compound. A toothbrush and shopvac took care of it. While I was at GC, a 2016 Studio came in off the truck. It was some kind of sienna sunburst in a satin finish. And of course no hologram or Les Paul 100... It appeared to have a narrower neck and did not have the brass nut - it was the same as the 2014's. It played really nice. There was no paperwork with it, other than the sign-off sheet and the photograph. I couldn't tell you anything about the pickups. They were chrome-covered, like the rest of the hardware and they did not coil split. It was $799 and came with a gig bag. It was built 8/3, a week after my 2015.

grimlyflick

The only real issue was that when I took off the rear covers, the insides were covered with a hardened, powdery polishing compound. A toothbrush and shopvac took care of it.

It's amazing what removing the back cover will sometimes reveal.

Furrycontrolcavity.jpg

How come you didn't go for the 2016?

ajay taylor

That's about the roughest sidewall I've ever seen on a real Gibson. They usually brag about the clean router work. I'm sure that it's just really tough grain, but that's weird.

renderit

That's about the roughest sidewall I've ever seen on a real Gibson. They usually brag about the clean router work. I'm sure that it's just really tough grain, but that's weird.

It's buffer snot.