• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Joe B's Acoustic Collection

gottabetweed

Stole this from Gibson Acoustic Facebook Page. While we all drool over Joe's vintage electric stable, these appear to be mostly of newer make. Anyone have any info on Joe's acoustic guitars? While I do enjoy a strat or a tele, I am 100% a Gibson guy when it comes to acoustics.

CDaughtry

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner and Moderator
Joe doesn't collect acoustics. I don't think he has any vintage ones to speak of. He focuses his obsession.:hee

pit_s_xroad

...maybe only until he reads this thread :ganz ... and discovers this thrill... and starts to develop the appropriate idea :hmm ... :laugh2:

PIT... :salude

GuitarMikey

Thought i remembered seeing him post a pic of a Johnny Cash Grammer guitar at one point? :hank
That was a good looking acoustic.

JBLPplayer

I don't pony up for kryptonite... I have a nice tools for the studio including a 32 O-17, a 50 D-18 and a pair of Johnny Cash Grammar guitars... All sounds the same to me :hmm

Joe B

montesada

Wow. To my ears, acoustic guitars are much more varied in tone than electrics in general. My ideal acoustic tone comes from an old Martin dreadnought as played by Neil Young.
Not the greatest recording but you can get the feel here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ACYtsTqrJ8

p.s. this is the ex-Hank Williams D-28